The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 33 of 33
    Dutchbopper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    DB you'll never know how much I've appreciated your presence on the forum. You are one of the guys who plays the way I want to play some day, and plus as someone from the academic (non music) world who does this out of the sheer love to it, you are on the path I'm walking as well, working my music in between teaching (non music), research, presentations, writing, etc. The level of playing you've attained both challenges and inspires me.

I am sure I'm not alone in wanting to support you in this loss any way I can, which is not much from this distance, but at least know you are being thought of.
    Many thanks to you too Lawson. I have a few good friends here and you are one of them. But you know that.

DB

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

DB,
    I am Really sorry to read about your loss. But happy to hear you playing again.
    Hearing and seeing your Tal just made up my mind about the guitars that will end up with.
    May God Bless you and your family, always.
    Joe D

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear that you're going through it DB. I'm a fan, from Philadelphia. Hopefully the coming weeks and months and years will ease your grief, although I know it never really goes away.

JS

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear of your loss. A minor blues is quite fitting.

User Info Menu

Out of pain, beauty. Peace, DB!

Thanks for sharing your music you sound Great! Sorry for your loss but I am sure she is in a much better place.

User Info Menu

So sorry to hear about the loss of your sister. My condolencies.
    As always great playing.

Sendt fra min SM-T810 med Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear about your sister D B. I lost my brother one year older at the end of last year. It hurts.
    As teenagers in the early 1970s we worked the folk club circuit around Manchester UK and even managed a local radio appearance. He had the voice of an angel and I supplied harmonies and guitar backing. The last concerts we played together before I left Manchestet to study in London were with a fantastic 1973 Ibanez copy of the Gibson J-185 Everley Brothers which also shared some characteristics of the J200. Great sound from sitka top and mahogany back and sides at a time when Ibanez was making its first "quality statements" and going beyond Gibson in quality for many (not all) instruments at the higher price points.
    The guitar was stolen 2 years later and after 46 years of fruitless hunting I finally found one in excellent condition. Like the majority of the 100 or so that were built it was in the UK and shipping it to me in France in this post-Brexit, Covid-afflicted world took nearly a month - it was stuck in a french customs depot only 5 km away for 2 weeks - very frustrating.
    When it finally arrived, I put a set of Martin 80/20 in 13s on it straight away. With the first touch of the strings all the memories came flooding back and in my mind I was on a guitar stool in a small, smokey, beer-smelling folk club with my brother.I must have cried for an hour.
    Playing that guitar was not only cathartic but it has brought an area of sunshine into my life in the place of the gaping hole created when my brother died.....
    Guitars are wonderful things when they can join and bind us like that. Play yours and remember your sister with love
    Ray
    Tal in close up-754-jpg
    Last edited by Ray175; 03-18-2021 at 05:51 AM.