The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 117

User Info Menu

Ive had to pack my guitars away to carry out some building work and realised I have accumulated 32 guitars.
    Not to mention one upright bass, two elect. basses. one trombone and a 5 string banjo.
    This this considered ok??

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Only if the new building work includes a music room,

User Info Menu

Great start of a guitar collection!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldjock
    Only if the new building work includes a music room,
    Don't tell the wife. She thinks it's a sewing room!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by garybaldy
    Ive had to pack my guitars away to carry out some building work and realised I have accumulated 32 guitars.
    Not to mention one upright bass, two elect. basses. one trombone and a 5 string banjo.
    This is definitely not ok....you need to get rid of the trombone.
    Keith

User Info Menu

Keith you crack me up bud..
    Gary - Its OK, but we would love it, if you share them with us.
    JD

User Info Menu

Only one banjo?!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Karol
    Only one banjo?!
    A gift! and not pleasant!

Quote Originally Posted by floatingpickup
    This is definitely not ok....you need to get rid of the trombone.
    Keith
    It was from my school days in the 60s, so never played now. It has sentimental value as one of my tutors had his own mainstream band which, at the age of 14yrs, I joined as bass player. I was a complete jazz novice having only played rock guitar in school bands. So learned the 'trade' from a pretty young age.

User Info Menu

Thirty-two guitars? Makes me feel just a tad bid less guilty (Puritan ancestors - unavoidable) about my twenty-four or so. My sincerest thanks!

User Info Menu

You know the rules -- couch shot, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Keith you crack me up bud..
    Gary - Its OK, but we would love it, if you share them with us.
    JD
    Mostly budget stuff.
    6 archtops
    2 semi hollows
    2 gypsy guitars
    1 steel string acoustic
    1 cheap classical
    The rest are solid which include a couple of Gibsons and a few Fenders, Tokai etc etc
    And you?!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    When the room's done. Need a large couch!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    Guys with that many guitars often cannot afford a couch.

User Info Menu

I don't know what's more disturbing, the trombone or the banjo. At least you don't have an accordion.
    Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by JGinNJ
    I don't know what's more disturbing, the trombone or the banjo. At least you don't have an accordion.
    Carry on.
    Can't decide between an accordion or bagpipes.

User Info Menu

I guess it's ok, makes sense to move the guitars away from construction! Safety first

User Info Menu

Hey, what's wid dissin' dat slide-bone?!!!

Awesome instrument that ... !

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Careful. The definition of a gentleman is a man who can play the accordion but doesn't. You can, of course, substitute any musical instrument in that line.

User Info Menu

It was from my school days in the 60s, so never played now. It has sentimental value as one of my tutors had his own mainstream band which, at the age of 14yrs, I joined as bass player. I was a complete jazz novice having only played rock guitar in school bands. So learned the 'trade' from a pretty young age.
    ok, I guess you can keep it.
    Keith

User Info Menu

I'm close to the OP in number but I got rid of my Banjo last year and fortunately I never developed a taste/obsession with horns. I do own a violin.

User Info Menu

Mostly budget stuff.
    6 archtops
    2 semi hollows
    2 gypsy guitars
    1 steel string acoustic
    1 cheap classical
    The rest are solid which include a couple of Gibsons and a few Fenders, Tokai etc etc
    And you?!!
    Nothing wrong with budget stuff.
    And me what?
    JD

User Info Menu

I love guitars as much as anyone, but why so many? Even if you do it for a living you wouldn't need more than 10 for different applications.

I just find it funny how we've become a hoarding society.And that's the attraction instead of the music and art it creates?
    Everything is more about visual and acquisitions instead of audio and supporting actual music any longer.

Sorry to OP for my rants, but as many of us older folks remember growing up when Music was actually the focal point, not the business side of it..

User Info Menu

jads, your post sounds bitter. Nothing wrong with hording a few guitars, it's still all about the music, just in lots of different facets. Living in times of plenty is not for everyone I guess.

To cheer up this thread again, this one is for the OP:

Just sorted through my guitars.-bagpipe_accordion_hybrid-jpg

User Info Menu

I live in Denmark, and in our neighbor country Sweden, accordions are used quite often in traditional folk music. Back in the 1970s the Swedish radio manufacturer Luxor advertized a new radio model as being equipped with an "accordion filter". Of course they were jesting, and scrunity revealed that the filter was the on-off button. But whatever, that particular model actually sold well.

Sendt fra min SM-T810 med Tapatalk