The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 26 to 50 of 59

User Info Menu

^^^ this breaks my heart like you can’t believe ^^^

But, 2b I am glad you are back in the mix. It feels like old times again.
    That is a seriously beautiful guitar. I reminds me of the 1st Heritage I ever saw. Back in the mid 80’s. A rep from Heritage was showing off his beauties at the music stores in my area. Patrick told me it wasn’t him. I was at Sweetest Sounds in Lyndhurst with Ed Capuano when the rep opened the case. I got weak in the knees..
    your guitar is really beautiful. It takes a back seat to nothing.
    Thanks 2b and welcome back. Don’t leave us anymore. This is the way it was meant to be.
    JD

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    ^^^ this breaks my heart like you can’t believe ^^^

But, 2b I am glad you are back in the mix. It feels like old times again.
    That is a seriously beautiful guitar. I reminds me of the 1st Heritage I ever saw. Back in the mid 80’s. A rep from Heritage was showing off his beauties at the music stores in my area. Patrick told me it wasn’t him. I was at Sweetest Sounds in Lyndhurst with Ed Capuano when the rep opened the case. I got weak in the knees..
    your guitar is really beautiful. It takes a back seat to nothing.
    Thanks 2b and welcome back. Don’t leave us anymore. This is the way it was meant to be.
    JD
    Thanks JD! It sat, and sat, and sat, just long enough for me to sell a tube audio preamp and amplifier combo to buy it. I wasn't using the amp and preamp anyway, so it was just as well. Moved them on to someone who could use them. Time to use this guitar!

I remember those early Heritage days on the west coast too! I walked into a music store while on duty in full uniform to sample one. Then of course radio called...duty calls!

User Info Menu

2B dude the beauty of that guitar and the beauty of your pictures are 1000% equal.
    from an Ibanez fan and ex pro photographer.
    you rule!

Alan buddy hugs!

User Info Menu

That magnificent instrument could not have found a better home. Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

A stunning show stopper for sure ! I love 17's with a Florentine cut.
    Sweet upgrade from the 175. Congrats Greg. Do enjoy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Hey, did you know I nearly traded for your guitar when Mikey had it? True story. But I sold the Heritage JS for $5k back during a time when Heritage JS' weren't going for $5k. It wasn't meant to be. I'm glad it ended up in your hands.
    Yes, Mike traded it for his American Eagle, with which he is quite enamored, and everyone's favourite Heritage enabler eventually forced me to buy it. Thanks, Doc!
    Fat Tuesday rewlz!

It does have a larger neck, which I prefer, but which some folks might not like:
    .9063" | 29/32" - 1st Fret
    1.031" | 1 1/32" - 9th fret
    1.094" | 1 3/32" - 10th fret
    1 11/16" - nut width

Quote Originally Posted by jazzkritter
    2B dude the beauty of that guitar and the beauty of your pictures are 1000% equal.
    from an Ibanez fan and ex pro photographer.
    you rule!

Alan buddy hugs!
    Much obliged JK! You’re truly some photographer! I couldn’t carry your lenses, but thanks for the encouragement!

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    That magnificent instrument could not have found a better home. Congratulations, and play it in good health!
    c74, what a nice thing to say! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    A stunning show stopper for sure ! I love 17's with a Florentine cut.
    Sweet upgrade from the 175. Congrats Greg. Do enjoy.
    Hey Vinny, I was torn because it was such a nice ES175. But I’m a one archtop household so now I’m happy to have a 17” back into the fold. Thank you Vinny!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    Yes, Mike traded it for his American Eagle, with which he is quite enamored, and everyone's favourite Heritage enabler eventually forced me to buy it. Thanks, Doc!
    Fat Tuesday rewlz!

It does have a larger neck, which I prefer, but which some folks might not like:
    .9063" | 29/32" - 1st Fret
    1.031" | 1 1/32" - 9th fret
    1.094" | 1 3/32" - 10th fret
    1 11/16" - nut width

Whatever happened to Mikey? Sure do miss his ngd’s!

User Info Menu

Beautiful guitar, 2B, and the photography is spectacular. Enjoy it well!

John.

Quote Originally Posted by John A.
    Beautiful guitar, 2B, and the photography is spectacular. Enjoy it well!

John.
    John A., thank you very much!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Whatever happened to Mikey? Sure do miss his ngd’s!
    He posts in the archtop groups on facebook now and again.
    Last edited by Hammertone; 03-10-2021 at 02:16 PM.

User Info Menu

Nothing I don't like about this guitar, what a wonderful acquisition!

There's been a Sweet 16 for sale at my local shop for over a year now, and if it didn't have the floating pickup, I probably would have brought it home. Even now, a year later, I'm still tempted. Seeing your gorgeous pictures hasn't made that feeling any easier to suppress!

User Info Menu

Goodness thats beautiful. Perfect amount of "fancy," imho.

And I've said it before, but it bears repeating-- Heritage's burst are easily on the short list of the world's best, no hyperbole at all.

Thank you all for sharing in my ngd! I’m fortunate to get this guitar for sure!

User Info Menu

Aw 2B thanks nice compliment. I’ll take any help cause I’m not up to carrying lens bags any more lol.

There is a long thread over at tgp on Heritage, with a lot of people knocking them. Course those are all LP/335 fans, no Archtops mentioned. Let them try that here!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JSanta
    Nothing I don't like about this guitar, what a wonderful acquisition!
    There's been a Sweet 16 for sale at my local shop for over a year now, and if it didn't have the floating pickup, I probably would have brought it home. Even now, a year later, I'm still tempted. Seeing your gorgeous pictures hasn't made that feeling any easier to suppress!
    So, buy it and install a set-in humbucker - dead easy to do, doesn't hurt the guitar, will make no difference in terms of value, and so forth.

User Info Menu

So, buy it and install a set-in humbucker - dead easy to do, doesn't hurt the guitar, will make no difference in terms of value, and so forth.
    Better for me to GAS after it versus make another purchase

This year, no guitar purchases. Focus on my lessons and getting better.

User Info Menu

Pete Moreno recently did that for me with a Sweet 16. I supplied the pickup. He charged only $100.

User Info Menu

Congrats Greg! So good to see you post an NGD thread. This one looks like a keeper. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by losaltosjoe
    Congrats Greg! So good to see you post an NGD thread. This one looks like a keeper. Cheers.
    Hey Joe! Thank you very much! Yes it’s been a long time!

User Info Menu

Now that's a Heritage that finally can compete with a Gibson L-5CES in my world!.
    Larger neck, sharp cutaway, if it was thin line as well I would not be able to sleep!

Quote Originally Posted by jads57
    Now that's a Heritage that finally can compete with a Gibson L-5CES in my world!.
    Larger neck, sharp cutaway, if it was thin line as well I would not be able to sleep!
    Hey Jads! If you played it you’d be impressed as well. Its acoustic voice sings with Bebop rounds. Going to sample GB 114’s soon.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jads57
    Funny you should mention that....2 1/4" deep, big neck, florentine cutaway, CES format.
    I'll be posting some more revealing pix of this one in a continuation of this fine thread, soon enough.
    Attached Images Attached Images Heritage Golden Eagle-heritage-ge-ces-t-flor-180214-neck2-hi-jpg Heritage Golden Eagle-heritage-ge-ces-t-flor-180214-face1-hi-jpg Heritage Golden Eagle-heritage-ge-ces-t-flor-180214-back2-hi-jpg