The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

A friend originally from the Kalamazoo area just brought to my attention that the site of the old Gibson factory and current location of Heritage Guitars at 225 Parsons Street is going to be converted to a Hard Rock venue with a hotel and other amenities. So, I’m wondering what is going to happen to Heritage. Here’s a link to an article and a newscast about the project but no mention is made of the current Heritage business and factory at that location: Hard Rock hotel planned for old Gibson Guitar site in Kalamazoo | WOODTV.com. I’m hoping that whatever space Heritage occupies will be off limits to the Hard Rock project and their business can continue there.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Graicebara
    Thanks for posting the Guitar World article! I’m really glad to hear Heritage won’t be affected.

User Info Menu

I still think in some way it will be affected, imagine having to go work next to the hard rock hotel? All the dad rockers and bros? So many affliction t-shirts!!!!

User Info Menu

I predict this will help Heritage a lot. Many musicians don't even know that Heritage exists.

I don't know how much of a bite this enterprise will take out of Gibson. Most guitarists will still buy Asian built guitars. Of those who prefer American built, Heritage will have a bit more of a competitive edge. True snobs may come to Kalamazoo to see the Gibson factory and museum. Nostalgic players may want the "mojo and vibe" of something that was built in the same spot as the original L-5s and LPs. Who knows?

I recently was in Marsha Blackburn's DC office. She is a Tennessee senator who represents both Memphis and Nashville. Signed Fender guitars outnumbered Gibsons in her office. These were guitars sent to her from the corporations. That was a small surprise. That, among other observations, indicate to me that despite Gibson moving to the heart of country music, the traditional Telecasters still prevail after 40+ years. Maybe a Gibson/Heritage museum with hotel and restaurant won't make much of a difference.

The music business: who can predict?

User Info Menu

I also think this will be great for Heritage guitars.
    It will get them more exposure.
    My guess is that most Les Paul and ES-3x5 players don't know much, if anything, about Heritage.
    As far as "taking a bite out of Gibson," well, I don't think so.
    Heritage total guitar production is a rounding error in the world of Gibson.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Graicebara

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Damn you're good!
    Last edited by Sam Sherry; 03-07-2021 at 02:52 PM.

User Info Menu

How could this be anything but a positive thing for Heritage. Unless their new neighbors complain about the noise.

What the heck is Heritage doing nowadays since they’ve stopped producing arch tops?

User Info Menu

bandlab..the heritage world wide distributor is using the space to build 1000$ harmony brand solidbody guitars!

cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    bandlab..the heritage world wide distributor is using the space to build 1000$ harmony brand solidbody guitars!

cheers
    Ouch!