The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

Dear Jazzers,

Here is a new demo of my '53 L5C recorded through a BAM 200 amp head. Although designed for bass players this amp head has a lot to give to jazz guitars. This tune is respectfully dedicated to Jimmy Raney, one of my very best heroes.

Be safe and take care.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

This is how I want to be able to play when I grow up!

User Info Menu

Dig the socks ! ......oh and the playing too.

User Info Menu

Beautiful guitar and beautiful playing. But I to must mention the socks,nice!

User Info Menu

Lovely, lovely playing, and what a warm, clear, ringing tone! Well done Sir, well done!

User Info Menu

I watched for the socks and was not disappointed :)

User Info Menu

Dear all,

Thanks for your comments. The socks are a gift from my daughter, so they are invaluable to me...

Best and take care.

User Info Menu

Nice playing and nice tone, Fred !
    What cabinet do you use with this amp ?

User Info Menu

Man, what sweet tone. Sounds like a Gibson with a Biltoft pickup!

User Info Menu

Hi Fred,
    Very beautiful, classy playing there sir.
    Your videos blow me away every time. There is a lot that I should learn from your playing. Very Smooth. Pleasing to my ears.
    I’m sorry that I posted my video soon after you did. I should have checked the forum before I posted.
    Beautiful stuff Fred.

User Info Menu

Dear archtop afficionados,

Thank for sharing your positive thoughts on that.

@Lawson-Stone: if I could only once in my life play, let's say 8 bars, as the immense Jimmy was doing, then I would feel blessed.

@Jfranck: as for live playing, I pair the BAM 200 or alternatively the Quilter 101 amp heads with a Toob 12J cab. It's really a great cab for jazz, very versatile for a large range of clear sounds. Here, for the purpose of the recording I've just plugged the BAM200 in a DI box.

@Max405/Joey: you're kidding me my friend. I' m so glad to hear you playing this wonderful piece of the great Johnny Smith. I wish I could have your right-hand technique to play such a piece of music like this. But I'm a slow hand guy.

Cheers.