The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Have any of you tried the Eastman AR405E?

There is one for sale at €800 and I a bit tempted to just pick it up as an impulse buy instead of that ES125 that I always considered but never really bought?

Let me know your thoughts ... A quick line or two is just fine

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Sure looks pretty.

User Info Menu

My guess is it will be a beautiful, well made, good sounding guitar that will look a little like a 125 and sound nothing like one.

User Info Menu

I’ve always been curious about those but have no direct experience.

User Info Menu

Roughly half the price of a good 125 and twice the price of the Kingpin. I like my Godin, but I think maybe I should've gotten that instead.

User Info Menu

I demoed one at the same time I demoed a Godin Kingpin. My recollection is that I thought the Kingpin sounded better, but the neck felt better on the Eastman (and the craftsmanship is a couple of notches above). Neither sounds particularly like a 125 to my ears. I'd have been happy with either, but wound up with a Kingpin because I got a great deal on one.

John

User Info Menu

Thanks for your comments everyone

I came very close to pulling the trigger, but end of day I suspect that risk is too big that I'll go "oh neat" and then just place it in the rack to just sit there and practically never get played.

But yeah .. That is a lot of guitar for €800/£700 .. Who knows, maybe I'll get sucked in again later on?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    My guess is it will be a beautiful, well made, good sounding guitar that will look a little like a 125 and sound nothing like one.
    Yep. I had one for awhile. I bought it used and didn’t keep it long. It didn’t really fit any niche for my playing. I used it a couple of times in a big band, but it didn’t really offer anything special. It was well made. The P 90 was a little weak I thought.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M.
    Yep. I had one for awhile. I bought it used and didn’t keep it long. It didn’t really fit any niche for my playing. I used it a couple of times in a big band, but it didn’t really offer anything special. It was well made. The P 90 was a little weak I thought.

So you're saying that if I throw in a nice old school P90 from one of the good winders then it might be alright?