User Info Menu

Well here's a curiosity... looks cool to me, if maybe a bit smudgy.
    Anyone know this model? Is it an upgrade over a PM2? I confess I am not familiar with the celebrity owner.

Ibanez Pat Metheny PM20 Owned by Junkie XL | The Official Tom Holkenborg aka Junkie XL Reverb Shop | Reverb

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I've never heard of him, which is certainly by no means any kind of criteria by which to judge anyone's celebrity. I barely know who the Kardashians are. Don't pay any attention to "popular" culture anymore. That must truly be the sign of getting old, I suppose. In any event, I wouldn't put any premium on an instrument simply because it's been owned by this guy.

In any event, Ibanez generally makes very good guitars*. This one was made in South Korea at the Cort factory and is probably a bit over 20 years old. To me the price seems quite a bit high, especially with its condition problems including a cracked bridge top, scrapes, scuffs, etc. It's certainly more than I'd be willing to pay for it. However, I have no idea what it's original list price was. At the time it was on the market, it was the low end of the Pat Metheny signature models. That puts it in the same market position as the PM2, but it is entirely possible that it is a better made instrument.

PM20 | Ibanez Wiki | Fandom

* to be accurate, Ibanez the company does not actually manufacture anything. They design guitars and contract with various factories to produce them. Generally speaking they tend to be well-made instruments with very good quality control. I have had an '81 Ibanez GB10 since 1986 and it is one of my favorite guitars. It has been superbly reliable and stable all those years; I don't think I've ever adjusted the truss rod.

User Info Menu

He's dutch and makes money doing filmscores (among other things).
    This is a hit he had: