The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Posts 101 to 111 of 111
    Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    I like the way I bought a drive pedal and people are still recommending other ones. It’s a true guitarists mindset haha. Surely one drive is never enough?
    I read your OP. And most reply’s. Missed that you got one. Still would recommend a Kingsley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by paul.trapanese
    I read your OP. And most reply’s. Missed that you got one. Still would recommend a Kingsley.

no worries, I don’t mind really I’m not the thread police.

But I ain’t got no money no more haha

User Info Menu

Anyone have experience with the Atomic Ampli Firebox?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eck
    Anyone have experience with the Atomic Ampli Firebox?

didn't like at all.

On the original subject, J Rockett "The Dude V2" is the best I've tried.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker
    didn't like at all.

On the original subject, J Rockett "The Dude V2" is the best I've tried.
    And for those interested in the Dude, v2 is the same circuit as V1: the only change that was made was the value of the volume pot, so v2 has a more gradual taper; v1 went from "zero to hero" very quickly, v2 is much more controllable. But the tones are the same.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ruger9
    And for those interested in the Dude, v2 is the same circuit as V1: the only change that was made was the value of the volume pot, so v2 has a more gradual taper; v1 went from "zero to hero" very quickly, v2 is much more controllable. But the tones are the same.
    oddly enough, when I got the V1 version, I hated it because of that and I contacted J Rockett and asked if they could lower the gain or change the value of the pot and they said "NO"...

User Info Menu

oddly enough, when I got the V1 version, I hated it because of that and I contacted J Rockett and asked if they could lower the gain or change the value of the pot and they said "NO"...
    Well, that IS interesting... I guess he figured it out! Must have had something to do with the PCB construction, I guess? Making it too difficult to change the pot?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ruger9
    Well, that IS interesting... I guess he figured it out! Must have had something to do with the PCB construction, I guess? Making it too difficult to change the pot?
    or ignoring the problem because he didn't feel like changing the layout or doing a custom, one-off mod...

User Info Menu

That's funny. I wrote to Fishman to complain about the efx controls layout and options on the original Loudbox series (was basically useless) and offered in detail a more flexible and usable layout. They never answered. When they came out with the 2nd (current) version, they're using the exact layout I suggested.

User Info Menu

I've thought this question over a great deal, and I've come to the conclusion that an SUV or a van would probably be the the best drive to play the fusion music. You would probably need a larger car than a compact to be able to fit the larger amp and all the pedals that you'd need to play that type of music...

No, you don't have to thank me; helping people out is just my thing...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgcim
    I've thought this question over a great deal, and I've come to the conclusion that an SUV or a van would probably be the the best drive to play the fusion music. You would probably need a larger car than a compact to be able to fit the larger amp and all the pedals that you'd need to play that type of music...

No, you don't have to thank me; helping people out is just my thing...
    You would be surprised how much stuff I could stuff in my Subaru Justy. I miss that little three-cylinder econobox.
    On the other hand, at my advanced age, the Rav4 is just the ticket. At least it has a CD player.*
    So, yeah, an SUV it is!

* The Justy did have a swell cassette player.