The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 14 of 14

User Info Menu

BBC Repair Shop have featured a guitar again, this time a Hofner. I haven’t watched the episode yet, but here are some screen grabs:

The Repair Shop - Hofner-8a418cfa-cad4-4544-a4b5-66d71878535d-jpegThe Repair Shop - Hofner-47967c0f-ddc7-42ff-887c-74180f7f99b7-jpegThe Repair Shop - Hofner-a0561860-0370-4387-9d4c-d1ba0f42fed1-jpeg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Darn, you can only watch that episode online on the BBC webside if you're in the UK...damn you Brexit!

User Info Menu

Fortunatey, somebody apparently filmed their TV and captured the episode

(well part of it anyway)

User Info Menu

It’s a fancy Hofner Club... I guess it’s a Club 60.

User Info Menu

Get yourself a VPN tool and the BBC site won't recognise your outside of the UK......

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jay
    Darn, you can only watch that episode online on the BBC webside if you're in the UK...damn you Brexit!
    Used to be the same long before Brexit - at least here in Germany...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TOMMO
    Used to be the same long before Brexit - at least here in Germany...
    Yes probably but I take any opportunity to disapprove of Brexit, it’s such a shame!

:-D

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jay
    Yes probably but I take any opportunity to disapprove of Brexit, it’s such a shame!

:-D
    Oh - I'm absolutely with you there!

User Info Menu

Me too!

User Info Menu

No afiliation - one of the ones I use. Free version (2 GB pcm) works well for me.

I get 50 GB pcm, signed up via an offer (they come around every couple of months) but I've never use more than 2 GB

Windscribe - Free VPN and Ad Block

User Info Menu

Looks like a pre-1960 black bridge pickup and a post-1960 silver neck pickup.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bleakanddivine
    Looks like a pre-1960 black bridge pickup and a post-1960 silver neck pickup.
    The guitar has a truss rod, so it's probably a '60 model, and Hofner was probably using up the old black bar pickups. Also, note the standard-sized headstock, as opposed to the smaller headstock of the Club in the video below.
    Last edited by Hammertone; 02-27-2021 at 07:05 AM.

User Info Menu

I never looked much into these Hofner Club guitars, but this guy makes it sound fantastic:

User Info Menu

They are excellent little guitars. I've had many of them.