User Info Menu

Hi guys, nice to see y'all

1st post and testing really...pics to follow of jazz box

Hoots

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Got my first jazz box the other day, Eastman 403ced

Perhaps you can throw your advice in as I ramble a while..... as i said above, this is my 1st try of a jazz box

Acoustically not as loud as a regular acoustic
    Acoustically guitar is a little bright
    Not as loud as my Les Paul when plugged into mesa Rec 25 rhythm ch
    Treble PUP is a little round and middy and had to remove some mids on amp

Some other stuff I kinda half expected

12s (strings) are MURDER!
    linear pots are hopeless for tone.....looking to turn down pot for jazz tones? nothing happens until the very last twist of pot!

Some thoughts on build of guitar

Oh boy, it takes me all of two minutes to find fault(s) in any guitar, be it bridge placement faults or ridges between fingerboard fit and neck
    but I am really struggling to find ANYTHING wrong with this guitar that i can see
    The guitar appears to have binding on body and neck but i simply cannot find an area anywhere where it is not perfect, perhaps it is the PRS type of binding. IDK

My plan is to use the box for some simple jazz self accompaniment stuff and of course the regular rock and roll racket
    Up next is a set of 11's and most likely a little tweak. All in all I am well pleased.
    At this point the guitar looks to have less faults than any of my 3 cs guitars

Thanks Guys

User Info Menu

Happy New Guitar Day and:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hoots
    Got my first jazz box the other day, Eastman 403ced

Perhaps you can throw your advice in as I ramble a while..... as i said above, this is my 1st try of a jazz box

Acoustically not as loud as a regular acoustic
    Acoustically guitar is a little bright
    Not as loud as my Les Paul when plugged into mesa Rec 25 rhythm ch
    Treble PUP is a little round and middy and had to remove some mids on amp

Some other stuff I kinda half expected

12s (strings) are MURDER!
    linear pots are hopeless for tone.....looking to turn down pot for jazz tones? nothing happens until the very last twist of pot!

Some thoughts on build of guitar

Oh boy, it takes me all of two minutes to find fault(s) in any guitar, be it bridge placement faults or ridges between fingerboard fit and neck
    but I am really struggling to find ANYTHING wrong with this guitar that i can see
    The guitar appears to have binding on body and neck but i simply cannot find an area anywhere where it is not perfect, perhaps it is the PRS type of binding. IDK

My plan is to use the box for some simple jazz self accompaniment stuff and of course the regular rock and roll racket
    Up next is a set of 11's and most likely a little tweak. All in all I am well pleased.
    At this point the guitar looks to have less faults than any of my 3 cs guitars

Thanks Guys
    And happy New Guitar Day! That looks to be a really nice instrument. Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu