The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have been thinking about changing the stock speaker in my Cube 30, and was wondering what suggestions you guys have. At the moment I am considering a Lil Buddy...

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I owned a Cube 30 over a decade ago. It still serves my accordionist friend. Never tried a speaker swap on that one. Cube 60 was a problem, however. The stock speaker was very shallow, and none of the replacements I had on hand would fit in. Better take measurements before making decisions. The Roland stock speakers were considered "mysterious" at the time, and replacing them did not improve the tone - rather the opposite. My 60 developed a strange hiss once the original speaker was back; that lasted for a few days and then faded away. Another mystery.

User Info Menu

Do you not like the speaker for some reason? I have the Blues Cube Artist, and it's fantastic- I have zero desire to change the speaker...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ruger9
    Do you not like the speaker for some reason? I have the Blues Cube Artist, and it's fantastic- I have zero desire to change the speaker...
    There seems to be a slight flabbiness to it...can't quite put my finger on it.