User Info Menu

Thinking of adding a Comins GCS to the line-up (aren't you?). I prefer the look of the single pup unit but tone wise I'd prefer a more "electric" sounding git - a substitute for my 175 while playing out in hazardous conditions involving alchohol, bass players, and crossover bluegrass musicians. Has anyone played both models? Does the 2 pup indeed sound more "electric" or "compressed" (when playing neck pup) vs. the single pup model? Would it make much difference to put a TOM on the 1 pup model, replacing the wood saddle?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HighSnows
    Thinking of adding a Comins GCS to the line-up (aren't you?). I prefer the look of the single pup unit but tone wise I'd prefer a more "electric" sounding git - a substitute for my 175 while playing out in hazardous conditions involving alchohol, bass players, and crossover bluegrass musicians. Has anyone played both models? Does the 2 pup indeed sound more "electric" or "compressed" (when playing neck pup) vs. the single pup model? Would it make much difference to put a TOM on the 1 pup model, replacing the wood saddle?
    I tried both - and I actually had Bill do exactly what you are proposing. He sold me a 1 pickup model with the TOM bridge. I did notice a difference between the 1 and 2 pickup models and wanted to more or less split the difference. When I bought he said it was the only one out there like it! Worth asking about though.