The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GNAPPI
    A 1954 Les Paul Custom.
    Is that the one that was solid mahogany, that is, without the maple cap? How did it sound compare with other LPCs?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

About 10 years ago, I decided to let a few guitars go and one of them was a 17” Blonde Campellone Deluxe. It wasn’t long before I started to really regret that decision. I sure wish I could get that guitar back. Of all the guitars that I have let go over the years, I miss this one the most.
    Keith

The one that got away-a915eafd-f1b7-4808-8816-d26ef93cb7f3-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by guavajelly
    In my 20s I had an Ibanez AS50. Loved the guitar but was looking for a strat sound then so eventually I got a fender. Then my guitar student became my girlfriend and consequently stopped taking lessons. To motivate her to carry on with the guitar I gave her the Ibanez. 2 years later "we" were history. From time to time I think about the girl and also about that guitar.
    Another one I regret letting go was a 2017 limited run George Harrison Rosewood telecaster. I always felt a bit embarrassed about that guitar because it was made from an endangered species. I had the CITES paper and everything and that tree must have been cut long before rosewood became rare - but anyway. Everytime I played it on stage I was expecting someone to step up for the trees. Stupidly I swapped it for a Gibson 335. Never bonded with that Gibson and eventually sold it. The good thing is that I got my money back in the transactions. But that Rosewood telly was something special.
    It’s his birthday today, ya know.

The one that got away-478560b6-829f-478e-8ca0-c87790fa2222-jpeg

User Info Menu

I just remembered my ex asked for and got my 1970 Goya classical—G-20. The neck needed a reset.

I wasn’t playing it much and got another decent A/E nylon string guitar to replace it. But...I got it in the early 80’s when I was getting back into playing guitar after a long absence. I learned to play Classical Gas on it! (Recorded using this guitar as I recall...)

I saw it when I was at her house last year. It was pretty much unplayable because of the neck bow. I felt sad...maybe someday I will get it back and fix the neck.

The one that got away-e21f6ac8-663c-4c3d-9903-1eb8ff4b295e-jpeg

User Info Menu

I was 15 years old when my father bought me an ES 355TD-SV from the 1970s. I told him I didn't need it because I only played a classical guitar at the time ...

The one that got away-schermafbeelding-2021-02-26-om-09-17-46-pngThe one that got away-schermafbeelding-2021-02-26-om-09-58-56-png