The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 21 of 21

User Info Menu

Hi!
    I would like to know if the launch of the special limited edition of the Ibanez JSM 100 guitar is planned and what changes this guitar will have compared to the current model.
    I'm quite interested in this guitar but I don't mind if I had to wait for a special limited edition.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Didn't know there was a 'special edition' planned - do you have a link to more info?

Quote Originally Posted by Skip Ellis
    Didn't know there was a 'special edition' planned - do you have a link to more info?
    No... An Ibanez distributor mentioned this to me.

User Info Menu

JSM20TH | JSM | HOLLOW BODIES | PRODUCTS | Ibanez guitars

Maple instead of anigre, and JSM Special pups instead Super 58.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesR
    JSM20TH | JSM | HOLLOW BODIES | PRODUCTS | Ibanez guitars

Maple instead of anigre, and JSM Special pups instead Super 58.
    Thanks... I thought that this model was an evolution of JSM20.... My mistake.

I will wait for this guitar... It seems to be a very interesting guitar.

User Info Menu

Looks gorgeous. Any idea when it will be in the stores?

User Info Menu

Seems to have a brass zero fret...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    Maybe in June.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by samoiedo
    Hi!
    I would like to know if the launch of the special limited edition of the Ibanez JSM 100 guitar is planned and what changes this guitar will have compared to the current model.
    I'm quite interested in this guitar but I don't mind if I had to wait for a special limited edition.

User Info Menu

Hi Rob, DV247 Uk are quoting an expected delivery of 17th March 2021 The specs are slightly different
    the Pickups are Super 58 Ibanez and not JS specials, The pick up surrounds are black not white
    as shown in the Ad blurb and the control knobs are black not gold , Minor differences I know
    unless DV247 have wrong details ,Price £982 The finish is a Matte black, a gloss might have
    been better (?) a matter of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxx
    Hi Rob, DV247 Uk are quoting an expected delivery of 17th March 2021 The specs are slightly different
    the Pickups are Super 58 Ibanez and not JS specials, The pick up surrounds are black not white
    as shown in the Ad blurb and the control knobs are black not gold , Minor differences I know
    unless DV247 have wrong details ,Price £982 The finish is a Matte black, a gloss might have
    I think this is not the same model... This is not the 20th Anniversary... see the next link: JSM20th | Ibanez Wiki | Fandom

User Info Menu

Seems to have a brass zero fret...
    Actually is the same nut as former JS and GB models, half brass, half bone, no zero fret...

User Info Menu

As Samoiedo said, not the same model. The 20th is made in japan, expect +-2500 euro.

User Info Menu

Gloss seems more traditional ... I kinda a prefer a matte or satin black, but give me a burst, natural or cherry red and it's gotta be gloss

Anyways .. Makes sense with the black finish, my impression is that Sco has been gigging his black AS200 more than the burst one recently. Here on the "Country for old men" tour

User Info Menu

It does create confusion when similar models have a similar name: JSM 20 and JSM 20th are at very different price points - at least I assume they will be.

User Info Menu

Been thinking a bit more about this guitar. I'm not really a fan of the super58, but if those special pickups are more old school sounding then I might well be interested

Crazy I know .. But all my Gibson's are turning out to be Ibanez

User Info Menu

It does create confusion when similar models have a similar name: JSM 20 and JSM 20th are at very different price points - at least I assume they will be.
    JSM20th

Thanks Rob, and I stand corrected by the confusion, a clearer description might have avoided this.
    The JSM 20th specs and finish and pickups ,would ,i suggest ,have greater appeal
    I confess that I was surprised at the price quoted by DV247UK and I understand
    now that the JSM20th is based on Jon Scofield';s AS200 earlier model.
    I am due for new glasses soon and they might help (true) I am grateful to our other
    eagle eyed members here who pointed out that there are two models.
    I had better go back to sleep!

User Info Menu

Plenty of time for sleep later, Alan. Get playing!

User Info Menu

I really quite fancy that JSM20th for my electric doodling, currently reserved for my Fender American Elite Tele with ebony board. That's a decent Tele, but that Ibanez looks very enticing...maybe yet another trade in...

User Info Menu

I really quite fancy that JSM20th for my electric doodling, currently reserved for my Fender American Elite Tele with ebony board. That's a decent Tele, but that Ibanez looks very enticing...maybe yet another trade in...
    I am also considering the JSM20th.
    I like the compound radius though it seems kind of tele-ish? (7,27-9,5)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lobomov
    Been thinking a bit more about this guitar. I'm not really a fan of the super58, but if those special pickups are more old school sounding then I might well be interested

Crazy I know .. But all my Gibson's are turning out to be Ibanez

Not crazy at all my friend, Gibson prices are a deterrent to most of us, I have always had Ibanez guitars
    in the stable, their QC is better than Gibson's and their prices reasonable ( to be fair I own five Gibsons
    but they were all acquired long before the present price hike, and now irreplaceable because of it.)

Cheers Silverfoxx