The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

Dear jazzers,

Here is a demo of my new amp gear. My polytone is getting old be be travelled around and I wanted something with a good sound but easy to carry. I've pulled the trigger on a Quilter head and a Toob12J speaker. I'm very happy with them. It's not Polytone sound, something more fenderish I would say. Anyway very classic jazz tone I think.

Best and take care.
    Last edited by Fred Archtop; 02-19-2021 at 03:50 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Sounds really good to me! Nice buy.

User Info Menu

Sounds just lovely - full, balanced, and rich. Nice sound and nice playing. You've got a winning combination!

User Info Menu

Your tool box and craftsmanship just gets better and better Fred.

User Info Menu

The toolbox gets lighter and smaller too I reckon!

User Info Menu

There are a couple of chords at 31 and 34 seconds that just sound amazing. Great sounding setup.

User Info Menu

Great playing and song choice ! Do you mean an amp head ? I don't think Quilter 101 is available as preamp only.

User Info Menu

Quilter tries to emulate the Fender sound, AFAIK. It's pretty far from a Polytone. If you want a Fender sound from a small, light head, Quilter is that. It's not my preference, but it is for many. Fred's playing makes it sound better than the one I had.

User Info Menu

Dear forumers,

Thanks for your positive appraisals. Medblues is right it's an amp head, not a preamp. I've edited the title. Many thanks to Jim that points me to good chords. I'll try to do more like this!

Be safe and take care.

User Info Menu

Very well played and dig the tone. Nice space between the notes as well. Fellow Quilter amp owner here and love them. I have 3 different ones and my fav is their MicroPro Mach 2 head. With the right speaker cab(s) I am able to get pretty much what I want. Thanks for sharing this great work!
    Attached Images Attached Images Demoing my ES-350 with new Quilter 101 head + Toob12J speaker-blues-rig_01-jpg 

User Info Menu

sounds really great ....

your es350 is very cool too !