The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

All this cold dry weather makes me think of something that I haven't had to deal with historically.

Any recommendations?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I don’t use them and have seen guitars with water stains on them from too much.

just play the guitar and keep track of things. If the action is not moving or the guitar stays in adjustment... generally you are ok.

User Info Menu

There's a recent post on this, too.

I'm in a very dry area, and the room humidifier is messy and a pain. I took the recommendation from the earlier post, and am trying the Boveda system. Be sure to read/watch the info: although they have a "starter" pack for large instruments, they also advise "seasoning" the case with a different strength pack first, so (if you follow their guidance) you need to order both at first.

User Info Menu

Thanks Mark and Marc, will give Boveda a try!

I use these for my WesMo, my ES-355 and my acoustics:

User Info Menu

Thanks Midnight. Where do you place that in the case for the Wesmo and 355?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark
    I don’t use them and have seen guitars with water stains on them from too much......
    That's right Deacon! Sad day to see a water stain and crack in a nice guitar, but, when you put a container filled with water in your guitar case, well, just sayin. It's a gun thats always loaded. Some rule says matter likes to move around to a less constrained space. Thermodynamics man! I just don't in any way trust those little things. If you can, A small isolated room is the best, with a humidifier that can hold some gallons $100, and a humidity guage,$20.

Quote Originally Posted by Donplaysguitar
    Thanks Midnight. Where do you place that in the case for the Wesmo and 355?
    They're slim enough to fit in the "F-holes". Let me preface this by typing that I'm not disagreeing with deacon Mark, but I've been using them for years and have never had an issue with leaks.

User Info Menu

I use a room humidifier but you can always use the plastic soap dish container w/holes drilled in the outside and a moistened sponge inside. put it in the case pocket.