Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 51 to 79 of 79
  1. #51

    User Info Menu

    Thank You, all, for a lovely thread.

  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #52

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Boy
    Mine (I'm prejudiced). Quite understated compared to the other amazing examples here (I hate doing inlay)
    Too bad, because that's a beautiful inlay!

  4. #53

    User Info Menu

    Visual Appearances of Headstocks-023dd83a-8879-40b6-aba8-34b272b17e52-jpegVisual Appearances of Headstocks-aff426a3-033a-47f9-b5fc-9bd0527bfab3-jpegVisual Appearances of Headstocks-7bfbd5a2-cdf9-4040-8989-030934451c1d-jpegVisual Appearances of Headstocks-448a02f1-e262-4baf-9b3e-c881c758c7cc-jpegVisual Appearances of Headstocks-00d4254c-e38a-4278-be45-413e731ce3f1-jpegVisual Appearances of Headstocks-22492a8f-6bde-49ac-8143-d7a4010a581d-jpegVisual Appearances of Headstocks-ef126dc2-4199-4b20-9db4-51d5bb87f9c7-jpegVisual Appearances of Headstocks-adf9f2a0-21f7-4181-9b7c-9b9fa35e3fd3-jpeg

  5. #54

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Visual Appearances of Headstocks-023dd83a-8879-40b6-aba8-34b272b17e52-jpegVisual Appearances of Headstocks-aff426a3-033a-47f9-b5fc-9bd0527bfab3-jpegVisual Appearances of Headstocks-7bfbd5a2-cdf9-4040-8989-030934451c1d-jpegVisual Appearances of Headstocks-448a02f1-e262-4baf-9b3e-c881c758c7cc-jpegVisual Appearances of Headstocks-00d4254c-e38a-4278-be45-413e731ce3f1-jpegVisual Appearances of Headstocks-22492a8f-6bde-49ac-8143-d7a4010a581d-jpegVisual Appearances of Headstocks-ef126dc2-4199-4b20-9db4-51d5bb87f9c7-jpegVisual Appearances of Headstocks-adf9f2a0-21f7-4181-9b7c-9b9fa35e3fd3-jpeg
    Almost one for each day of the week!

    Hard to decide...I like the Gibson "urn" on the L-5 Custom a lot. The binding really makes it stand out.

  6. #55

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by AllanAllen
    I think the Gibson flying V is a piece of symmetrical beauty.

    https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/752450
    I can't say I love the headstock, but the guitar is an iconic design for sure and definitely belongs in a museum.

    However I just don't know what I'd do with a guitar I couldn't sit on my leg.

  7. #56

    User Info Menu

    As usual, the Canadians are understated and classy. I like the way the veneered surface is chamfered to show off the edge.



  8. #57

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    As usual, the Canadians are understated and classy.
    I dunno....we've been known to get a bit wacky from time to time:
    Attached Images Attached Images Visual Appearances of Headstocks-manzer-medusa-jpg 

  9. #58

    User Info Menu

    My super-rare (and awesome!) Greco "Cougar" from 1982....spruce top solidbody.

    Visual Appearances of Headstocks-img_0944-jpg

  10. #59

    User Info Menu

    Visual Appearances of Headstocks-hdst-2-003-1024x768-jpg

    Sorry for all the ' Kodak Brownie ' photo mistakes, but you get the idea ! : )

  11. #60

    User Info Menu

    I know some don't like the Heritage headstock but I always thought it was clever how the cutouts at the top were the mirror image of the Gibson "open book" headstock.
    Visual Appearances of Headstocks-heritage-jpg

  12. #61

    User Info Menu

    Ahem...how bout a little palate cleanser?

    Love the Heritage bound headstocks, but the real pointy ones don't do it for me.

    But...guess whose birthday it is today?? And playing a beautiful D'A with that iconic headstock!

    Visual Appearances of Headstocks-mel-bay-guitar-670x405-jpg

  13. #62

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    Ahem...how bout a little palate cleanser?

    Love the Heritage bound headstocks, but the real pointy ones don't do it for me.

    But...guess whose birthday it is today?? And playing a beautiful D'A with that iconic headstock!

    Visual Appearances of Headstocks-mel-bay-guitar-670x405-jpg
    And here I thought Mel was short for Melvin.

  14. #63

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jonh
    I know some don't like the Heritage headstock but I always thought it was clever how the cutouts at the top were the mirror image of the Gibson "open book" headstock.
    Visual Appearances of Headstocks-heritage-jpg
    Funny, that, and handy in the garden, but not actually the case. This is the case:
    Attached Images Attached Images Visual Appearances of Headstocks-gib-schecter-headstock-clever-jpg 

  15. #64

    User Info Menu

    The lineage from Midwest.
    Visual Appearances of Headstocks-5dbe4450-edd1-4e32-a9cb-4e9347801c65-jpgVisual Appearances of Headstocks-6fcf970a-202e-4046-bf11-0678086ef406-jpgVisual Appearances of Headstocks-c6bfacd4-d637-4bb6-8413-26170f3c0e3a-jpg

  16. #65

    User Info Menu

    Here are a few:

    Top Left - Comins Classic; Bottom Left - Trenier Artifex; Middle - Comins Zelig; Right - Buscarino Monarch


  17. #66

    User Info Menu

    This is at our local Dave's shop.

  18. #67

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamScott
    This is at our local Dave's shop.
    Fellow LaCrossian?

    I lived there for 10 years; my daughter is still there. Lovely place.

    And Dave’s....I knew him a bit...we had kids at the same schools. I traded him a very nice audiophile-quality stereo for some guitar equipment once. The store...unbelievable.

    Reminds me...

    Here’s one of the larger headstocks around (featuring my lovely daughter Anneliis):

    Visual Appearances of Headstocks-4e33244b-3350-4ecb-9aaf-5f226ca71d33-jpeg

  19. #68

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7
    Here are a few:

    Top Left - Comins Classic; Bottom Left - Trenier Artifex; Middle - Comins Zelig; Right - Buscarino Monarch
    Those are some very classy and beautiful heads! But where's the Lehmann?

  20. #69

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by ccroft
    Those are some very classy and beautiful heads! But where's the Lehmann?
    Right here...


  21. #70

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7
    Right here...

    Love it!

    I am so stealing that font for my CNC projects...it ain’t art without the deco...

  22. #71

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by medblues
    Thanks for the honor. I've always thought that this peg head was a really good representation of my philosophy of guitars as tools. Function should always come first and simple is always better than complicated.

  23. #72

    User Info Menu

    Did someone say complicated?



  24. #73

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatRhythmMan
    Did someone say complicated?


    Cmon, man, this is a family website! The admins are watching...

  25. #74

    User Info Menu

    I played one of these a few years back at NAMM. Great 18" fully carved guitar!
    Attached Images Attached Images Visual Appearances of Headstocks-dommenget-jpg 
    Last edited by Hammertone; 02-27-2021 at 12:36 PM.

  26. #75



    I absolutely love the headstock on my Stromberg Voisinet- not the most fun to change strings on but it has a very special place in my heart

  27. #76

    User Info Menu

    I’m partial to this guys work...

  28. #77

    User Info Menu


  29. #78

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamScott
    The Bling!

    That's beautiful, and very well done, however, it's not for me.

    I prefer the Combs posted above. Understated and classy. Like me.

  30. #79

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamScott
    "By appointment of Her Majesty The Queen." Visual Appearances of HeadstocksVisual Appearances of Headstocks

    Sendt fra min SM-T810 med Tapatalk