Posts 1 to 25 of 77

User Info Menu

The new Campellone Batch-1527b04f-31c1-48c4-8980-c776ba724f7d-jpeg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Note the 175 inlays on guitar 4

User Info Menu

looks like a lefty too

User Info Menu

I like the non-cutaway full-bodied Natural.

User Info Menu

It's a cutaway lefty.

User Info Menu

Mark again at it with precision. His red sunburst is just the best and I treasure mine. I am glad I am not waiting for one of these because it is a terrible sickness. We just sit around and wait till it shows up on the door step. I just have to go upstairs and open the case. Funny yesterday I was playing my Deluxe (I had not for past 2 weeks-18 inch) and what strikes me is not anything specific but the combination. Mine has a 1 3/4 neck and just allows my hand to glide over the fingerboard. The sound is very Gibson-ish but Mark's guitars at least mine, has a smooth sound over the entire neck. It does not ping in the high registers but maintains the full sound. This tells me he carved the guitar for response and the guitar is not heavy. It is certainly patterned after a Super400 but maintains a very distinct voice that is different.

I hope Mark gets to enjoy some more relaxing and less work but sure hope he keeps making a few once in awhile, I think retirement might be on his mind but complete guess.

He is 2 months younger than me..... 66. I know I will be pulling the retirement plug very soon.
    I do have big plans for another version of the V1K model.
    He cut his batches from 6 to 5.
    In 30 years I am sure his guitars will fetch a pretty penny.

User Info Menu

I did it 66...Best thing I ever did! Go for it)

User Info Menu

I am fortunate in owning four Custom Gibson Archtops, a Collings Eastside Jazz.
    plus two excellent Ibanez guitars, but the Koh -I -Noor Diamond among them is
    my Campellone Deluxe, perfect in every respect, flawless and plays like butter.
    I can well understand other owners wanting more than one of them , they are
    the best built I have ever seen,., and worth every penny of your hard earned,
    and IMHO extraordinary good value for the money even taking into account
    the high Customs duty and VAT incurred on importing.

regards 007

User Info Menu

agree with the deacon...gotta love his cherry bursts...look true vintage spectacular

thanks vinny!

cheers
    Last edited by neatomic; 02-10-2021 at 10:26 PM. Reason: sp-

User Info Menu

Oh man, what a picture! Just a few days ago I got on the list for a future build - a 16" thinline with a floater. Hammertone here was my enabler. The waitlist is long, so I still have time to finalize specs.

I was thinking of dual parallelogram inlays and I see someone already thought of that! I wonder if the fingerboard is rosewood or ebony on it?

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarJay
    Oh man, what a picture! Just a few days ago I got on the list for a future build - a 16" thinline with a floater. Hammertone here was my enabler. The waitlist is long, so I still have time to finalize specs.

I was thinking of dual parallelogram inlays and I see someone already thought of that! I wonder if the fingerboard is rosewood or ebony on it?
    Your choice.

Basically a Campellone is a better mousetrap for a Gibson lover. Much better QC with laser straight necks. Finish like melted glass. No Gibson orange peel.
    A Wesmo on steroids.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Your choice.
    Sorry, what I meant was I wonder which fingerboard wood was on the blond lefty in the picture.

I'm a Gibson lover, so I can hardly wait.

Maybe someone in the next batch will sell me their spot, lol!

Sorry, what I meant was I wonder which fingerboard wood was on the blond lefty in the picture.

I'm a Gibson lover, so I can hardly wait.

Maybe someone in the next batch will sell me their spot, lol!
    Appears to be ebony.

User Info Menu

I’m late to the Campellone party. Only one day and 14 posts drooling over the Campellone guitars, lol great stuff!
    It feels great that this stuff still excites me.
    The 16”x 3” antique blonde non-cut away w/P90 has been nothing short of glorious for that old world jazz sound and feel. Everything I hoped for..
    I am on the list for another one but not exactly sure where in the timeline..
    Thanks for posting pictures Vinny!!
    Keep us in the loop!!
    Last edited by Nick71; 02-11-2021 at 06:34 PM.

People in the know, know a C on the headstock trumps a G. This coming from the biggest G fanboy.
    Not to say that the L5 is one of the greatest guitars ever period, just that the quality is better on a Campellone and almost half the price now too. Best bang for buck carved archtop period.
    A Cameo (like a Citation) is even cheaper than a L5 these days.

Customer service is a big factor too. Try and get a replacement tailpiece for your L5....LOL
    Hey Mark I need a new tailpiece......OK

User Info Menu

Mark is the best. Here’s my Special...
    The new Campellone Batch-684fde55-063f-4e26-a929-9fdf6fbfe306-jpg

User Info Menu

Yes me too. I got on Mark's build list about 6 weeks ago maybe? It's a long 2 year wait but it's something to look forward to!!

User Info Menu

...Hammertone here was my enabler. ...
    You are not the only one, muahahahahahaha!!!!

User Info Menu

Vinnie’s very special guitar is probably the loveliest L5 style guitar I’ve ever seen on these pages

People in the know, know a C on the headstock trumps a G. This coming from the biggest G fanboy.
    Not to say that the L5 is one of the greatest guitars ever period, just that the quality is better on a Campellone and almost half the price now too. Best bang for buck carved archtop period.
    A Cameo (like a Citation) is even cheaper than a L5 these days.

Customer service is a big factor too. Try and get a replacement tailpiece for your L5....LOL
    Hey Mark I need a new tailpiece......OK

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PaulW10
    Yes me too. I got on Mark's build list about 6 weeks ago maybe? It's a long 2 year wait but it's something to look forward to!!
    We might be in the same batch!

User Info Menu

We might be in the same batch!
    I'll bet we are! It's going to be a lot of fun to compare notes once it gets rolling. It does give us time to mull over all the choices, which is tough for me as I'm not the most decisive person!

However right now, subject to change, I'm planning on a 17" deluxe, 25.5" scale, 1 11/16 nut, and a sunburst. My present main guitar is a blonde which made me decide on a SB. Although I'm not sure yet on the color for the SB, I am in love with the one on his home page which looks to be the traditional.

User Info Menu

Much better QC with laser straight necks.
    Hey Vinny - Can you elaborate on this please? In other words "straight" how?

I have noticed that my archtops vary in terms of how much they angle into the body in the upper fretboard area, which of course forces the action to be higher on the higher frets, which I don't care for. Some guitars are better/worse in this regard. Is that what you are referring to by "straight"?

If so, that sounds pretty darned good to me.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Donplaysguitar
    Hey Vinny - Can you elaborate on this please? In other words "straight" how?

I have noticed that my archtops vary in terms of how much they angle into the body in the upper fretboard area, which of course forces the action to be higher on the higher frets, which I don't care for. Some guitars are better/worse in this regard. Is that what you are referring to by "straight"?

If so, that sounds pretty darned good to me.

Thanks.
    Perfect neck angle with a dead straight neck with a perfect amount of fall off on the tongue which equates to feeler gauge action with zero buzz and spot on intonation. His fret work is absolutely the best with perfect crowns.
    Best fretwork I have seen except Matt Cushman is pretty darn good too.
    Even better than Frank Ford IMO.