The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

Hi!

I'm new here...

I started learning how to play classical guitar 7 months ago and I'm really enjoying it.I have classes online and I think I'm doing well.

I have 2classical guitars (Di Giorgio nº28 and Paco Castillo 205) and anelectroacoustic guitar (Yamaha AC3R ARE) and a BOSS Acoustic Singer Live LTamplifier.

I think more andmore about buying an electric guitar, but that is as comprehensive as possiblewith regard to the musical genres to play, as I don't have a specific genre (Isee myself in the medium term trying something jazz, blues, pop, etc).

I have been investigating through the various analyzes and the guitars that have given me the head arethe following:

Montreal Premiere LTD Desert Green w/Bigsby | Godin Guitars,

Montreal Premiere LTD Desert Blue w/ TV Jones & Bigsby | Godin Guitars

Deluxe 175 LE | Deluxe Series | D'Angelico Guitars

Center Block :: G6659T Players Edition Broadkaster(R) Jr. Center Block Single-Cut with String-Thru Bigsby(R), USA Full’Tron™ Pickups, Ebony Fingerboard, Roundup Orange

For the existingvideos, I like the sound of the Godin Montreal Premiere Desert Blue better, butwe always have to give a big discount because these videos were not made underthe same conditions ...

In addition,trying these models is totally impossible, either due to the current situation(COVID), or due to the absence of these guitars in Portuguese stores.
    Opinions areneeded, please ...

I started learning how to play classical guitar 7 months ago and I'm really enjoying it. I have classes online and I think I'm doing well.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by samoiedo
    Hi!

I'm new here...

I started learning how to play classical guitar 7 months ago and I'm really enjoying it.I have classes online and I think I'm doing well.

I have 2classical guitars (Di Giorgio nº28 and Paco Castillo 205) and anelectroacoustic guitar (Yamaha AC3R ARE) and a BOSS Acoustic Singer Live LTamplifier.

I think more andmore about buying an electric guitar, but that is as comprehensive as possiblewith regard to the musical genres to play, as I don't have a specific genre (Isee myself in the medium term trying something jazz, blues, pop, etc).

I have been investigating through the various analyzes and the guitars that have given me the head arethe following:

Montreal Premiere LTD Desert Green w/Bigsby | Godin Guitars,

Montreal Premiere LTD Desert Blue w/ TV Jones & Bigsby | Godin Guitars

Deluxe 175 LE | Deluxe Series | D'Angelico Guitars

Center Block :: G6659T Players Edition Broadkaster(R) Jr. Center Block Single-Cut with String-Thru Bigsby(R), USA Full’Tron™ Pickups, Ebony Fingerboard, Roundup Orange

For the existingvideos, I like the sound of the Godin Montreal Premiere Desert Blue better, butwe always have to give a big discount because these videos were not made underthe same conditions ...

In addition,trying these models is totally impossible, either due to the current situation(COVID), or due to the absence of these guitars in Portuguese stores.
    Opinions areneeded, please ...

I started learning how to play classical guitar 7 months ago and I'm really enjoying it. I have classes online and I think I'm doing well.

User Info Menu

Telecaster

Quote Originally Posted by pcjazz
    Telecaster
    Thanks but I don't like the Telecaster model.

User Info Menu

Thanks but I don't like the Telecaster model.
    You will

You can either take many years and much money spent to come to this conclusion or accept it now :-)

User Info Menu

These all look like rockabilly guitars haha; with the pickups and twang bars and so on.

I can vouch for the quality of Godin and I think D’angelico produces good instruments.

Time to get working on your quiff.

User Info Menu

the guitars that have given me the head arethe following:
    so.many.puns.

must.resist.

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    These all look like rockabilly guitars haha; with the pickups and twang bars and so on.

I can vouch for the quality of Godin and I think D’angelico produces good instruments.

Time to get working on your quiff.
    Exactly!
    These rockabilly guitars are probably great for what they are, but they are a bit specific, and would probably not be among the first pick for playing jazz for most players, but you can definitely make them work for jazz and other styles as well.
    It is a bit like buying a hearse when you just need a car to commute to work. It will surely get you to work and back home, but it was kind of designed with a different use case in mind.

I would rather recommend something which is a bit more "general" for a first guitar.
    Tele and 335 type of guitars are usually considered to be versatile for most genres, and great for jazz, so if you don't like tele, have a look at 335 type guitars.
    (I kind of didn't like the look of teles at first, but now I really like it).

But personally I am also totally fine with people just buying a guitar because they think looks cool, especially if you can try it and like playing it in the shop. It is rather common that a guitarist's first guitar will not be their last guitar

User Info Menu

... buying an electric guitar, but that is as comprehensive as possiblewith regard to the musical genres to play....
    I know I'm repeating what others have said, but if you are searching
    for wisdom from the experience of forum members, the guitar that
    easily meets the requirement above is the Telecaster.

User Info Menu

The 2 most versatile guitars on the planet are a tele and a 335.

If you like the idea of a Godin (which, why not, they make great guitars) the Montreal models without the Bigsby vibrato (I just threw up in my mouth typing that a little) will be cheaper, and less "niche."