The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

I was messing around in a Sam Ash, and saw a flat black 125 hanging up, and...well, you know how that usually goes. After playing it for maybe 2 minutes, my sister, who was with me, said I should give this guitar serious consideration. Now, I know these Contemporary series hollowbodies aren't made anymore, but does anyone here have one? I liked the idea of the floating minihumbuckers, and it is $950...but I think I can get that down even more...but part of me was thinking about a D'angelico Excel EXL-1 with just a single floater. Thoughts?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

hi, sorry no I don’t have one but here’s a link it’s listing at the Ibanez wiki.AFC125 | Ibanez Wiki | Fandom
    Good luck!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzkritter
    hi, sorry no I don’t have one but here’s a link it’s listing at the Ibanez wiki.AFC125 | Ibanez Wiki | Fandom
    Good luck!
    I appreciate it...and I like how it felt, which means a lot, and it sounded good even though it had EB Slinky 10's, lol, but just curious if anybody actually has one...and their feedback.

I don't have the 125 but I have the AFC 95 with floating minis on it. I really like it, more than I expected to actually. Very nice through the right amp.

Ironically, I prefer single pickup hollowbodies (my old late 50's ES-175 with a single PAF spoiled me LOL) SO I'm having the rear pickup removed from the AFC 95.

These Contemporary Series Ibanez instruments were under rated IMHO

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

thanks smallie...btw, how's the fishing?

Non-existent right now. I'm in New England so everything's frozen over. In this weather I prefer sitting inside with my guitar to sitting outside on a five gallon bucket freezing my old backside off. Ibanez AFC125?

User Info Menu

sorry to hear that. I hunt largemouth and peacock down here in the Everglades. I'm cold when it dips into the 50's...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Headshot
    sorry to hear that. I hunt largemouth and peacock down here in the Everglades. I'm cold when it dips into the 50's...lol.
    Ha. I know quite a few people down there. You guys are heading into the best fishing of the year about now. Always wanted to fish for peas. Maybe someday I'll make it down that way.

The humidity must be hard on instruments down that way. Do you use a humidifier?

User Info Menu

No...just keep the house 72 year round.

User Info Menu

Hi!
    I tryed out the AFC 125 but I do have the AFC 151 in red. Basically the same guitar with 1 pickup instead of 2 and a different finish.
    Soundwise I couldn't tell the difference. I just liked the color and the 1 pickup on the AFC 151 more.
    Anyway, it's my go to guitar. I really like it unplugged to practice, and love the sound through the DVmark Little Jazz amp. Oh and the neck is super fast!

I think that 950$ it's a bit much for it. I paid mine around 550€ used here in europe.