39 46.99%
  • a self-configured superswitch

12 14.46%
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 56 of 56

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bezoeker
    This is ridiculous. Send a VERY clear pic of the problem. Nobody has any idea what on earth (or even in low orbit) you are talking about.
    Here are two photos of the piece that fell off, and the guitar jack.
    Attached Images Attached Images How savvy are you when it comes to guitar electronics?-photo-3-jpg How savvy are you when it comes to guitar electronics?-photo-1-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

WM, you can't see the threads in the nut of the small piece, but it does have threads that may be worn out. The guitar is over 30 years old.

User Info Menu

I put together my first tele at age 17 in the 80s. 3-way switch, volume and a puch-pull-tone pot. I just followed the instructions without knowing much. If I think about it I can still smell the solder. More telecasters followed recently.

User Info Menu

I haven't seen that exact jack before. From the rather unilluminating photos, I would guess that it's an endpin jack, somehow mounted in a solid-body. Or is that a semi? I can't tell much from the photos. It appears that the nut which fell off should just screw back onto the jack, but again, I can't tell much from those photos.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgcim
    WM, you can't see the threads in the nut of the small piece, but it does have threads that may be worn out. The guitar is over 30 years old.
    It looks like there was a second nut that fell off somewhere, it probably just worked itself loose after years of plugging in. you should be able to see if the threads are stripped.

User Info Menu

that looks like what's called a barrel jack...

cheers