The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

A friend and colleague of mine plays guitar. I know from talking to him he’s more into Martins and flattops than archtops.

I showed him a picture of my newly acquired 175, and he said, “Oh that looks like my electric guitar.”

He shows me a picture of what looks to be a fairly pristine mid--60’s 125CD with double P90s. (This is not his guitar, just a pic from Reverb of what his guitar looked like.)

Some people don’t know what they have-020a4daf-575e-4a63-8149-a55ba276af3b-jpeg

”I don’t know what model it is, the label inside is missing.”

Hard to believe he’s sitting on a $2500 guitar and doesn’t even know which model it is. I should make him an offer of $500 to take it off his hands.

Gibson ES-125 CD 1966 Sunburst Price Guide | Reverb

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

If you do, I'd reckon you gain a guitar and lose a friend. Not saying it's not worth it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northenlights
    If you do, I'd reckon you gain a guitar and lose a friend. Not saying it's not worth it.
    LOL I was just kidding. I would never offer less than market value on something I’m getting from a friend.

But since I just bought an Archie and am only allowed one every blue moon, this will have to wait...

User Info Menu

I guess not everyone is INTO things like guitars the way we are.

On a similar note: how many times have I asked someone what engine they have in their car? Turbo or not? AWD or not? And they don’t even know!!

User Info Menu

Cars have engines?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff

On a similar note: how many times have I asked someone what engine they have in their car? Turbo or not? AWD or not? And they don’t even know!!
    We have a 2015 Toyota RAV4. I know it's fuel injected, 'cos we had to replace one. TBH, I've never looked under the hood. Love that Toyota service! *

*As a kid, I was a huge car fan - subscribed to Car and Driver, used to pore over the cutaways in Road and Track, I even spent my allowance on Motor Trend ( and Analog, and Mad [25 cents, cheap!], and Famous Monsters of Filmland, etc). After Art School I got more utilitarian. A series of Subarus with great sound systems trained me well for eventual absorption into the TORG.

User Info Menu

At least he plays... Think of all these great vintage guitars locked away in collections, never or almost never played..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    Cars have engines?
    But of course, British cars have motors.

User Info Menu

Hard to believe he’s sitting on a $2500 guitar and doesn’t even know which model it is. I should make him an offer of $500 to take it off his hands.
    and he plays it through a '57 tweed deluxe!!

haha

cheers

User Info Menu

Weird.