User Info Menu

I have a Bud that I got in 2018. A few days ago I realized that the amp was turned on but the light was not on. Henriksen support says that the LED is not user replaceable, and that I would need to ship it to them to get it fixed. Since it doesn't effect that way the amp works, and I don't want to pay to have it shipped, I thought that I would see whether I could remove the light myself, then see if it was a standard component that I could find on the internet. After all, the worst that happens is that the light continues not to work.

I have started the work but am at a point where I will need to use a little (very little, I hope) force to go any further. Before I do that I thought I'd see if anyone else has had this problem and could shed some light (pun intended) on the procedure. I always think of LEDs as being very long lasting and it seems strange that mine has bitten the dust.

Thanks.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The average LED will last for a long time. But that's average, and some don't last as long. I don't have a Bud, so I have no recommendation about replacing the LED. It's easy enough to unsolder an LED and solder a new one in place, but I have no idea how hard it would be to get things apart to reach the board it's soldered onto.