The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I used to own Ditto (small one) and loved .. then I did not use it for a long time and when needed some cash sold it. Now I seem to use looper more (I use one on delay FX station but want a separate one with longer loop time).
    I thought about getting the same Ditto used - lots of offeres there... seem to be reliable pedal, hard to kill it... and with 5 min loop for me.

But there is also Mooer now - with 30 min. loop.
    I do not think I need that much but it is also cheaper..

I had some Mooer pedals that were acceptable entry stuff - to try something.
    But none that I had I could really see as pro level pedal.

does anyone have experience with both to compare?

Thank you

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I had a Ditto X1 and now have an X4. I liked the X1 for the simplicity but didn’t like the double-tapping to stop a loop. OK for practice, not OK for performing.

The X4 had a motherboard problem that required sending it in twice. I hope/think they’ve fixed that problem now.

It’s a pretty good pedal, but rather complicated. Unless I were playing complex multipart songs that required multiple loops on the fly, the X2 should be sufficient. The sound quality IMO is good. I don’t need a lot of fancy effects or a library of loops, which is where I think the Ditto falls short.

I don’t have any experience with other loopers but would like to hear what others say about the Mooer- does it come in white with black spots??

User Info Menu

Oh by the way I’m not a fan of TC Electronics customer support. I was never able to talk to a human on the phone about the problem, and their website—now owned by a larger conglomerate—is horribly user-unfriendly and basically a shill for their subscription services.

That may not be enough to make me not want to buy a product, but it’s worth mentioning.

User Info Menu

+1 TC Electronics Ditto

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat
    +1 TC Electronics Ditto
    +1 on what Wildcat says

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    Oh by the way I’m not a fan of TC Electronics customer support. I was never able to talk to a human on the phone about the problem, and their website—now owned by a larger conglomerate—is horribly user-unfriendly and basically a shill for their subscription services.

That may not be enough to make me not want to buy a product, but it’s worth mentioning.
    I’ve looked askance at TC since they were bought by Behringer.

I use one of those $42 Amazon Basic Loopers. Simple brain dead operation that’s perfect for me. Believe they are made by Nux for Amazon.

had a Ditto X1 and now have an X4. I liked the X1 for the simplicity but didn’t like the double-tapping to stop a loop. OK for practice, not OK for performing.
    I never had problem with double-click...

But I did not like it when you have to erase the track I had to hold on the button and it began to play for a second before being erased

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TedBPhx
    I’ve looked askance at TC since they were bought by Behringer.

I use one of those $42 Amazon Basic Loopers. Simple brain dead operation that’s perfect for me. Believe they are made by Nux for Amazon.
    Actually they’re owned by MusicTribe which has Behringer and Bugera among other divisions. And they seem to be pushing their performance and instruction stuff a lot.