The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Definitely a Gizmo!

I check the local (PNW) craigslist everyday to pique my archtop curiosity, and this thing appears in the Portland list. I think it would be perfect for a heavy metal jazz band, whatever that would be. Not my shtick! hollow-bodied aluminum Archtop

NORMANDY HOLLOW-BODY ARCHTOP - musical instruments - by owner - sale

Gizmos-normandy-metal-archtop-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

dang that's awful! a yellow schoolbus painted aluminum body guitar..with rivets! and distressed to show off that aluminum shine!

haha

cheers

User Info Menu

Normandy Guitars are history. They offered them with a lifetime warranty. Ask the seller if it transfers.

User Info Menu

I would definitely avoid playing that baby outdoors. Or on synthetic fibers. Might be nice for slide, but I suspect my Dobro would look askance.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skykomishone
    Definitely a Gizmo!

I check the local (PNW) craigslist everyday to pique my archtop curiosity, and this thing appears in the Portland list. I think it would be perfect for a heavy metal jazz band, whatever that would be. Not my shtick! hollow-bodied aluminum Archtop

NORMANDY HOLLOW-BODY ARCHTOP - musical instruments - by owner - sale
    https://images.craigslist.org/01313_...2_1200x900.jpg
    Stay away from Craigslist. You’ve enough guitars!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Stay away from Craigslist. You’ve enough guitars!
    Hey 2B! You got that right! I'm not going to find what I'm after on CL. It would be like looking for a long term relationship in a dive bar!
    And, The archtop offerings are not quite the same as years past. Especially since you've been gone from posting.
    Typically junk like this one is about it. Although there is a decent 125, and I saw a 135 recently. But, not in that market.
    Just bored.

User Info Menu

i still see some nice archtops on norcal craigs...old guilds are always a great deal...some old gibbys..and some oddballs..but nice...both vintage and modern!...

negotiating the transfer, these days, is another issue!...but they are out there

cheers

User Info Menu

Hey that's about 20 miles from me. Almost bizarre enough to take a look. Might pay $25 for it to hang it on the wall ... for laughs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk