The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I’ve been pondering the new Eagle Classic for a bit, and got some quotes back from musiciansfriend near the end of last year for $3800 shipped (plus 8% points I could use for a Hiscox case in the future)

I took a look at all the big dealers this morning and it appears that the entry price raised by $500 this year

$4800 is awful close to Campellone, other small builders,
    kind of bummed about this pretty large price increase

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I don't understand your math.
    Where did you get $4,800?
    $3,800 + 500 = $4,300.
    I see a couple at Wolfe advertised at $4,299 w/free shipping.

FWIW, Campellone starting price for a Standard = $5,200.
    You'll pay for shipping from Campellone, so, when the dust settles, you can probably get a new Heritage Eagle Classic for @3/4 of the cost of a new Campellone Standard.
    Last edited by Hammertone; 01-23-2021 at 02:34 PM.

I should have been more clear

list price at the end of last year was $4300 it has now raised to $4800

It used to be easy to get one for under $4k, but now it doesn’t seem possible

i was planning on ordering from a big store to hopefully score a discount and get “gear points” to use for a nicer case - I may have to check out Wolfe guitars if I go with a smaller shop

User Info Menu

Big box stores may or may not give you a slight discount, but its worth asking, especially as (inventory) tax season approaches.

Also, check with Heritage. They sell direct from their factory and maybe they want to move some on-hand inventory.

Eagle Classic - Hollow Body Guitar | Heritage Guitars

User Info Menu

Would you consider buying a used one?