The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Welcome back to the "I Have an ES-175, I've Got All the Jazz Guitar I Need" club. Congratulations, and play it in good health!
    I might have all the guitar I need, but I'm keeping the other 8 (plus bass) at least for now.

I have regretted almost every one of my guitar sales over the years, and I don't have to sell a guitar right now, so I won't.

Unless I run out of stands and space on the wall...then I'll reconsider LOL.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lobomov
    The picture makes them look like having different scale lengths, but that's just an optical illusion .. They're both 24.75", aren't they?
    Yes they are. The 135 neck attaches at the 16th fret, the 175 at the 14th. The 135 bridge is situated closer to the neck. As mentioned, they should sound vastly different, but they don't. The 135 is kind of like a 175 with less thunk and less feedback tendency. Both are wonderfully designed, sturdy and beautiful guitars.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbopper
    Congrats. I have a 1982 mahogany ES 175 myself that has appeared in many videos here! These 1980s mahos are really nice. Mine has the Tim Shaw pick ups to boot.

DB
    You have a lot of nice guitars! And great playing to go along with them.

I don't know if I'm worthy of the guitar, but as with woodworking sometimes the quality of the tool inspires one to do better work.

Bellisima Jeff! Congrats, HNGD and play her in good health!

User Info Menu

That is so cool that it matches your ES-135. NICE!! In fact when I first saw your picture I thought "why does he have two identical ES-175s???" I forgot they started putting humbuckers in the ES-135. Mine is an old one from 1993 or so when they first came out.

I searched for quite some time to find a red ES-175 to match my red ES-135:

1988 Gibson ES-175–woohoo!-es175-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by icr
    That is so cool that it matches your ES-135. NICE!! In fact when I first saw your picture I thought "why does he have two identical ES-175s???" I forgot they started putting humbuckers in the ES-135. Mine is an old one from 1993 or so when they first came out.

I searched for quite some time to find a red ES-175 to match my red ES-135:

1988 Gibson ES-175–woohoo!-es175-jpg
    Well a lot of us like redheads too...

TBH I wish I had another Blondie. Won’t happen for awhile, but who knows what the future will hold?

(I guess my flattops might be considered blonde but not the same...)