User Info Menu

I am seriously thinking about buying a new Gibson 335 guitar. I noticed they have these newer T-Type humbucking pickups. Has anyone compared them against the burstbuckerr pickups in the previous model. Some said the new pickups are brighter. Not sounding muddy is a good thing but does it have a warm sound compared to lets say a 2001-2016 model?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Revelation
    I am seriously thinking about buying a new Gibson 335 guitar. I noticed they have these newer T-Type humbucking pickups. Has anyone compared them against the burstbuckerr pickups in the previous model. Some said the new pickups are brighter. Not sounding muddy is a good thing but does it have a warm sound compared to lets say a 2001-2016 model?
    I have not tried the latest Gibson T-Type pickups, but have read several less than complimentary opinions over on the Les Paul Forum and TGP forums. My interest in them stems from my own set of fantastic sounding original 70's T-Tops. These were also highly criticized by some, but raved by others. So go figure. There are haters and lovers of the new versions.