The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 81

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That poor, green JS is begging to be refinished.

User Info Menu

Not a bad price really depending on your preference. In person might be fine wood shows flame.

User Info Menu

Oh my.. it’s like really green..

User Info Menu

It reminds me of the green 6196 in Cadillac Green from Gretsch. I like it. If I had the disposable income, I might do that. Too bad I don't have the shekels.

User Info Menu

Lotta guys are color blind. Or leprechauns.

I wonder if it was special ordered.

User Info Menu

Great price! IMO, it would look even better with gold hardware. I have no problem with trans-green finishes, especially on beautiful archtops.
    Attached Images Attached Images Green Heritage JS?-gib-lp-crbb-ww-lo-jpg 

User Info Menu

Needs an abalone rose on the guard.?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    it would look even better with gold hardware
    That is the thing isn't it .. That green and black combo is a bit meh ..

Reminds me of something like this

Green and gold is cool

User Info Menu

It isn't easy being green!

User Info Menu

It does start to grow on you, doesn't it?

User Info Menu

I thought before I clicked on the link that it was a blue HJS that evolved into green over the years. This one looks like it started green.

There was a blue HJS that was damaged by someone pulling on the cable while it was plugged in. That pulled a chunk of the rim out. It was repaired but left a scar. Perhaps the listed guitar is the same one with a green refinish. I don't know.

The seller is new to eBay. The only item sold previously was unrelated to musical instruments.

Having said all of that, I do really like the usual HJS guitar. Green is an odd choice for a finish and may not be the original. It was not one that Johnny initially approved of.

If I lived near the seller I'd consider a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobomov
    That is the thing isn't it .. That green and black combo is a bit meh ..

I prefer the black hardware, nice and subtle. The gold on green looks garish to me.

User Info Menu

Green Heritage JS?-f3cffeb9-b7c8-4b27-99bb-9cddf383472f-gif

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Green takes a little while to get used to in a traditional style archtop. Somehow blue and red don't seem as shocking.

Green Heritage JS?-post-2038-1277791631-jpgGreen Heritage JS?-ef917a8fb0b5845675d56613feacf32e-jpg

User Info Menu

Just checking: did Buck Owens ever have a signature Heritage?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Grass
    Green takes a little while to get used to in a traditional style archtop. Somehow blue and red don't seem as shocking.

Green Heritage JS?-post-2038-1277791631-jpgGreen Heritage JS?-ef917a8fb0b5845675d56613feacf32e-jpg
    Mark I take that red one anyday!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark
    Mark I take that red one anyday!
    Over time the red one will become faded red. That is not bad at all. The blue will turn green. I've watched that happen with another archtop. I don't know what a green guitar becomes, yellow green I suppose.

I know the guy with the red one. He takes very good care of it.

User Info Menu

That Red one is a sweetie.
    But you are right about the Blue Guitar. I probably will turn Green. But not THAT green..
    My Blue Ovation started out looking like this and then it morphed into the 2nd picture...
    Attached Images Attached Images Green Heritage JS?-start-jpg Green Heritage JS?-last-jpg 

User Info Menu

Oh my, do all blue archtops eventually turn green?! Is there a way to prevent that from occurring?

I love my blue-burst 2007 H-575 Custom and do not want this prince to turn into a frog!

User Info Menu

Chinery Blue Guitars have all taken on a greenish appearance for sure. I think some are now green. Would be interesting to know. Nitro finish would change color, but not one done in acrylic lacquer. Bill Barker starting using a thinner acrylic based lacquer in his later guitars. One of my Barker has this from 1979. It is a brown beautiful sunburst. The cool thing is the binding is still completely white and basically the finish is way more stable than nitro. This guitar looks like the day is was buffed out really.

I will also add for those thinking acrylic lacquer is not as good for sound, is completely wrong. Done correct it is as good as Nitro. My Barker is warm and open and more responsive in some sense than my older Barker from 1965 done in nitro. Barker was using a special mix he got that really changed his finishing procedures. That said if I was making a guitar I would use Nitro.

User Info Menu

Kinda reminds me of the old Jolly Green Giant. But in the words of that great philosopher, Kermit the Frog: "Its not easy being green."

User Info Menu

Harder than it looks to do something a little different. The simplest fix for all the heritages pictured would be to swap out the pickguard. Tort makes the most sense. You need some kind of visual contrast here, especially when doing something fancy on spruce.

Caddy green gretsches absolutely and gloriously get this right. Not in love with gold everything, but it works on the country club. Not in love with black everything, but it doesn't exactly not work on the heritage.

And Max's ovation looks a million times better in green.