The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

I bought a new laptop from HP yesterday at 8:30am. I spent extra $7 for express shipping ( free shipping otherwise) that is supposed to be 1-5 business days. I got the laptop just now from the Fedx driver 28 hours later. It came from Memphis Tn to my place which is almost 7 hour drive. That my friends is lighting fast shipping and response. Granted this is not a guitar but my guess is that working at that speed Fedx has their act together. Frankly that will be the only way I ship a guitar in the future. QAman was the lead on how he manages his guitar shipping and I am still in disbelief at the speed of getting the laptop. A lot things going wrong in the economy and such but this is one of those things going perfect.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

For some years now FedEx has been my shipper of choice.

User Info Menu

FedEx is my shipper of choice (for guitars) as well.....

User Info Menu

Deacon,
    I just had a guitar sent to me FedX priority overnight - a flawless delivery with no aniexty. This is the carrier of choice for shipping guitars. I've also used them on global shipments of guitars and always a great experience.

Never use UPS , especially ground - unless you are shipping bath towels or rubber tires.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Wow, that's incredibly fast. If I ever get another guitar shipped to me, I'd go Fedex.

User Info Menu

If I have control of the shipping, I generally use FedEx overnight. It is worth the additional expense.

User Info Menu

Last month we sent a Christmas Card (containing a non-trivial sized check) to the Cleveland suburb of Berea, Ohio (first class USPS mail). We mailed it on 12/11/20 and it arrived on Monday 1/18/21. Two years ago we mailed a package via USPS to the same address on the last day of November and it arrived at 6:00 pm Christmas Eve. So anything that must be mailed there will now go by Fedex (or another private carrier). From what I have read the Cleveland PO is virtually non-functional right now.

dave

User Info Menu

I like FedEx, but it is very capable of murdering guitars. Their tracking system seems superior.

One of my sons now works for UPS. They advocate care of package handling. But there is time pressure to move packages. UPS prohibits running for the sake of employee safety. Sometimes that leads to the occasional toss of a package.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Grass
    I like FedEx, but it is very capable of murdering guitars. Their tracking system seems superior.

One of my sons now works for UPS. They advocate care of package handling. But there is time pressure to move packages. UPS prohibits running for the sake of employee safety. Sometimes that leads to the occasional toss of a package.
    UPS Goonies

Off topic but shipping Fedex they Win. guitars too is my guess-box1-jpg
    Off topic but shipping Fedex they Win. guitars too is my guess-box2-jpg

User Info Menu

It's a War on Packages out there.