The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Anyone have experience with both of these options? This is for at home, low volume, guitar is Heritage 575 archtop. Mach2 Combo would be 8 or 10 inch.

Thank you,
    Paul
    Last edited by paulsomlo; 01-15-2021 at 04:45 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Both are great rigs! [I prefer the 101 + RE]

I ended up ordering a Stealth 10 and Luna 200R, arrives soon.

User Info Menu

That should be a great combination. I've been wanting a Luna for some time, but I can't justify another amp, although Mark Kleinhaut keeps on tempting me. I have a Stealth10ER, and it's a wonderful cabinet. I make do with my ancient Clarus Series 1 head, which in truth is more than good enough for what I can do. I owned a Quilter 101 for awhile, but I couldn't get a sound I liked out of it, and sold it.

User Info Menu

That is my go-to daily setup - a 101 Reverb and a 10" Raezer's Edge cab with my ES-175. You can't go wrong. And the 101 is not just a low volume practice head, although it can certainly be that. I have gigged in all different settings with this combination - with a large jazz orchestra, small combos in restaurants, solo gigs. If I want to record direct, you can run out of the 101's Return jack into your DAW. This isn't my favorite direct sound, but works in a pinch. Also, Pat Quilter is a genius and they have outstanding customer service.

User Info Menu

I use a 101R with an Ear Candy Mr Watts clone (ported 8") and it sounds great. I also have used it with an open back 10" with good results but at bedroom levels, the 8" is plenty.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by paulsomlo
    I ended up ordering a Stealth 10 and Luna 200R, arrives soon.
    I have this rig, too! You'll love it!

User Info Menu

I use a Quilter 101R with a V boutique cab that I can insert the head into. 12 inch Cannabis Rex speaker.
    It's not my main amp(1960 Ampeg Mercury) but I can get it to sound quite similar.
    Cabinets and speakers make a huge difference with the Quilter.
    It should sound great with a Reazers Edge.
    For jazz tone, I Keep the gain low(9 o'clock) and turn the master up.
    I do the opposite for other styles and guitars.
    I find it helps to use a subtle compressor to get some of the tube amp feel.
    The Luna does seem interesting as well.