The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

any opinions on this for a solo jazz guitar/ singing unit.$450.00 Would my $ be better spent elsewhere ?Thanks !

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I don't have that model, but I do have the regular Jazzkat and I really like the amp. Tons of headroom and crystal clear tone. I think they retailed for something like $1300, so $450 is a reasonable price if it's in good shape.

User Info Menu

You'd be better off getting the Milkman The Amp 50W with a great reverb and tremolo and pairing it with a cabinet of your choice. The Jazzkat has a valve/tube preamp section driving a solidstate amp. The Milkman works along the same lines. The Jazzkat is irreparable when it fails as the company has gone out of business.

The Milkman lists for $699 but you can get it for lower when you ask. A $450 doorstop is an expensive doorstop.

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    You'd be better off getting the Milkman The Amp 50W with a great reverb and tremolo and pairing it with a cabinet of your choice. The Jazzkat has a valve/tube preamp section driving a solidstate amp. The Milkman works along the same lines. The Jazzkat is irreparable when it fails as the company has gone out of business.

The Milkman lists for $699 but you can get it for lower when you ask. A $450 doorstop is an expensive doorstop.
    I thought those were super expensive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by silvertonebetty
    I thought those were super expensive?

There's a Milkman "combo" that's pretty pricey; the "pedal-sized" amp, though, is what @Jabber is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    There's a Milkman "combo" that's pretty pricey; the "pedal-sized" amp, though, is what @Jabber is talking about.
    Oh ok

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EarlBrother
    any opinions on this for a solo jazz guitar/ singing unit.$450.00 Would my $ be better spent elsewhere ?Thanks !
    Are you looking to play and sing at the same time? Just at home, or gigs? One of the problems is that you need a full range amp for singing, but some don't like that for jazz guitar. Personally, I do.

User Info Menu

Earlbrother, I glossed over the part where you mentioned singer. Since that dual function is important, I recommend this (I like all things BOSS):

Boss ACSPRO Acoustic Singer Pro .

I have had great dealings with Alto Music recently. Call for a better price than displayed.

I won't trust the Jazzkat Phat Kat to be serviceable. Someone posted here looking for circuit schematics to repair his borked Jazzkat. There was none to be found. I won't punt $450 on it when the BOSS can be had for just a little more. For an archtop jazz guitar an acoustic amplifier works very well for clean tones.

Earlbrother, I glossed over the part where you mentioned singer. Since that dual function is important, I recommend this (I like all things BOSS):

I have had great dealings with Alto Music recently. Call for a better price than displayed.

I won't trust the Jazzkat Phat Kat to be serviceable. Someone posted here looking for circuit schematics to repair his borked Jazzkat. There was none to be found. I won't punt $450 on it when the BOSS can be had for just a little more. For an archtop jazz guitar an acoustic amplifier works very well for clean tones.
    Those aren’t bad amps

User Info Menu

Nice amps, but you're paying for a lot of bells and whistles. Looper, harmonizer, etc. And the Pro is a bit heavy at around 32 lbs. They do make a smaller, lighter version.

playing home and out, woody thanks for the response.Jabberwocky, Boss looks nice will check it out.