The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi. I'm looking for a lighter case than my original extra-protective (and very heavy) plywood case (made by Harptone I think). It could be a composite, or even a durable gig bag like Mono. But I can't find anything that can accommodate a full, L-5 - like hollow-body (arch top and back). Any thoughts?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forum!

What's your budget and intended use?

User Info Menu

http://www.stringphonic.com/PARTS/case.html

It appears that you are looking for a daily expanded polyfoam tote.

Scroll downwards to the middle and you will find an Ultraite [sic] Case for JPY9900. Harry Takemoto, who is the manager of Stringphonic, speaks and writes English well. Djangobooks is the dealer for Stringphonic guitars in the USA. Ask Michael Horowitz if he stocks the case.

Shipping by Japan EMS is often faster than USPS domestic CONUS. Figure that one out as USPS is responsible for delivering it once it crosses the border.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    ギターケース

It appears that you are looking for a daily expanded polyfoam tote.

Scroll downwards to the middle and you will find an Ultraite [sic] Case for JPY9900. Harry Takemoto, who is the manager of Stringphonic, speaks and writes English well. Djangobooks is the dealer for Stringphonic guitars in the USA. Ask Michael Horowitz if he stocks the case.

Shipping by Japan EMS is often faster than USPS domestic CONUS. Figure that one out as USPS is responsible for delivering it once it crosses the border.
    Jabs, leaves it to you bro. The Gator GT Transit Jumbo bag I have is nice, but I’d much rather have that case.
    That looks like a GREAT case. Poly foam cases are my personal favorite. I wish I had one of those.
    Thank you Jabs. You always reach out with great helpful advice.
    Joe D

User Info Menu

The TKL 8820 and 9120 17" archtop cases are readily available, conventional plywood cases that are both considerably lighter than the Harptone cases that Heritage used to use. I've seen recent Heritage guitars in these cases with Heritage badging. They are made in Montreal by Boblen Cases, who have been making similar cases for over 50 years. Customers for these cases have included Gibson, Guild, Gretsch, Heritage, Martin, TKL, and many, many more.
    Last edited by Hammertone; 01-20-2021 at 04:01 PM.