The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

Ordered a gig bag late last week from amazon prime. (The only place that had it.) Delivery date was supposed to be today, Tue 1/12. Tracking every day confirmed that.

Today the tracking STILL says today before 9pm, yet at 2:30pm the status bar has not yet reached "Out for Delivery." I'm guessing that at some point today that delivery date is suddenly going to change.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Covid is raging, people are ordering more than ever and delays happen.

Or as my co-workers used to say before I went white collar "same doodoo different day"

Quote Originally Posted by AllanAllen
    Covid is raging, people are ordering more than ever and delays happen.

Or as my co-workers used to say before I went white collar "same doodoo different day"
    I get that, completely understandable. What is NOT is that you don't know which indicator to believe. At the top of the page it says "Arriving today by 9 PM." Just below that, it shows that it's not even on the delivery truck today. Who knows what's going on? These packages are scanned every step of the way, their system needs some kind of timely updater that's more accurate.

User Info Menu

I have a puchase out now that was supposed to go from Philly -->Vancouver. Instead it has so far gone from Philly to Malmo Sweden! Who knows where it'll go next!

User Info Menu

Overall my Amazon packages have been on time. My Sweetwater guitar was delayed a few days.

User Info Menu

Contact the Amazon seller via Amazon's email system. Be sure to include your 'specific' order date, shipping date(s) and other ETA data.

By posting it that way, your concerns will be shown on the Amazon seller's site for all to see. Sellers respond to this communication via return email. They do NOT want Amazon to drop them as a contract seller.

I did this to a seller who consistently failed to deliver a rather small item I ordered mid-November. My emails were firm but factual. My last email was sent in all UPPER CASE LETTERS to show exactly how dissatisfied I was at their broken promises. My order finally arrived within 24 hours of the last email.

User Info Menu

It took 4 weeks from early December for an Amazon package shipped from a third-party seller in Montana to reach me. Amazon contacted me to tell it was probably lost, but one day it just showed up in the mailbox.

User Info Menu

I would only contact Amazon if the seller failed to ship on time or in a timely fashion. Once the item is in the hands of the shipper, the seller no longer has any control over what happens. If it was sent via USPS, I haven't had them deliver much- letters or packages- on time much longer than the pandemic has been going on.

User Info Menu

Everyone is crabbing about the USPS tracking system and delays. I had a package that was listed as "USPS waiting for package" for days, and it was delivered before ANY update was made. Only AFTER it was delivered (late) did it change status.

It's not COVID, or staffing, and I don't think it's that they're just not scanning packages issue... packages wouldn't get routed if they weren't scanned. It's maddening trying to plan on being home when you have no idea where packages are.

User Info Menu

Most of the delays I've seen are of the "departed shipping partner facility" variety. Lots of packages now are transported by some third-party "shipping partner" who delivers them to a USPS facility for final delivery. Those services do not seem to be in much of a hurry. Once the USPS gets it, it's in my mailbox quickly. USPS is much faster than UPS or Fedex, unless the shipper has paid for overnight delivery, at least IME. If the USPS says it will be here on some date, I can expect it then or sooner. If UPS/Fedex says it will be here on some date, I can expect it then or later. Often later.

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    Most of the delays I've seen are of the "departed shipping partner facility" variety. Lots of packages now are transported by some third-party "shipping partner" who delivers them to a USPS facility for final delivery. Those services do not seem to be in much of a hurry. Once the USPS gets it, it's in my mailbox quickly. USPS is much faster than UPS or Fedex, unless the shipper has paid for overnight delivery, at least IME. If the USPS says it will be here on some date, I can expect it then or sooner. If UPS/Fedex says it will be here on some date, I can expect it then or later. Often later.
    Mine is USPS. And it's later.