The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

This is an old pic I found today. It is of the pickguard of my Heritage Johnny Smith that I got from Patrick. When looked at from the player's perspective, it looks like a mouse is in the pickguard.

Mouse in my guitar!-mouse_copy-png

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Love it!

User Info Menu

As a young man, I stored an old Spanish guitar in my parents' garage. When I picked it up, there was a wasp's nest inside. 50 years later, I still have that guitar.

User Info Menu

Squeaky clean...

I once had a woman student who described herself as a witch. Seriously. She wanted to learn how to make weird, "unreal" noises with her beaten-up old acoustic. So, at one point I had her scraping the wound strings loudly with her nails, at which point a fairly large spider came out of the sound hole!

Thankfully, I was such a "brilliant" teacher, she said she learned so much in her lesson she didn't need to come back. LOL. One of my more interesting student-teacher encounters!

Enjoy your mouse, Marty!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Grass
    This is an old pic I found today. It is of the pickguard of my Heritage Johnny Smith that I got from Patrick. When looked at from the player's perspective, it looks like a mouse is in the pickguard.

Mouse in my guitar!-mouse_copy-png
    Does that mean your pickguard is also a mouse pad?

User Info Menu

would go well with ed "big daddy" roth -rat fink -guitar strap! hah

cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    would go well with ed "big daddy" roth -rat fink -guitar strap! hah

cheers
    Mrs. k is a Big (petite, actually, but whatevs) fan of Ed "Big Daddy" Roth and has quite a collection of Rat Fink wearables. She doesn't play guitar; perhaps I could get one for one of her ukes!
    Last edited by citizenk74; 01-12-2021 at 01:38 PM.

User Info Menu

A rohrshack test in a pickguard.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GNAPPI
    A rohrshack test in a pickguard.
    To paraphrase Freud: Sometimes a mouse is just a mouse.

(Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.)

User Info Menu

It's added value

User Info Menu

Here's the mouse in action. He's added a tone pot since I took the first pic though.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Grass
    Here's the mouse in action. He's added a tone pot since I took the first pic though.

I really enjoyed that! Might get a mouse for my guitar if resulted in me playing like that