The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I'm new to the forum, so a Hi to everyone!

My dilemma is after years of putting up with a seymour duncan 60 watt convertible (great sound) I'm tired of the electronics guru chappy spending more time with it than me so I have gifted it to him and are now on the march for a new machine.

My choices so far are the fender tone master deluxe reverb black panel, tone master deluxe reverb blonde and the roland blues cube artist.

The other amp I use is a roland cube 60 cosm which gets switched between the clean channel and the lead channel (black panel and tweed depending on the mood ) and a great jazz amp.

At 71 years young I'm having my last buy up, an amp to annoy the neighbours into my twilight years. My weapons of choice, most used; an unmolested Cort LC2 arch top , fender jazz master Japanese build with mustang bridge mod and a 64 Guild star fire double cutaway with 12 -52 flat wound chromes and semi jumbo frets.

The player sounds I favour are Pass, Ellis, Johny Smith, Mundell Lowe, Bruce Clarke, Anthony Wilson, but my ear is eclectic , my dilemma ladies and gentleman is: which amp for that fat mellow jazz sound, the bright country sound.

All opinions greatly appreciated...

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

wyndham Guest
    Jazz and Country? It has to be the Deluxe Reverb. But I'm sure those all are good amps.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bonesyboy
    I'm new to the forum, so a Hi to everyone!

My dilemma is after years of putting up with a seymour duncan 60 watt convertible (great sound) I'm tired of the electronics guru chappy spending more time with it than me so I have gifted it to him and are now on the march for a new machine.

My choices so far are the fender tone master deluxe reverb black panel, tone master deluxe reverb blonde and the roland blues cube artist.

The other amp I use is a roland cube 60 cosm which gets switched between the clean channel and the lead channel (black panel and tweed depending on the mood ) and a great jazz amp.

At 71 years young I'm having my last buy up, an amp to annoy the neighbours into my twilight years. My weapons of choice, most used; an unmolested Cort LC2 arch top , fender jazz master Japanese build with mustang bridge mod and a 64 Guild star fire double cutaway with 12 -52 flat wound chromes and semi jumbo frets.

The player sounds I favour are Pass, Ellis, Johny Smith, Mundell Lowe, Bruce Clarke, Anthony Wilson, but my ear is eclectic , my dilemma ladies and gentleman is: which amp for that fat mellow jazz sound, the bright country sound.

All opinions greatly appreciated...
    I gigged for many years with my Deluxe Reverb Re-Issue (DRRI, for short), playing jazz, blues, country and pop. For jazz, the settings are treble and bass at or near zero, reverb to taste. For that bright country sound, treble and bass 5-10, depending on the room, reverb to taste. The only time the DRRI was inadequate was on outdoor gig with sketchy FOH. If you have no plans for gigging, a Princeton Reverb will do nicely (and I've done plenty of gigs with one of those). Good luck!

User Info Menu

Deluxe Reverb sounds like the way to go.

User Info Menu

Tone Master Deluxe Reverb!