The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 23 of 23

User Info Menu

Guys
    Any suggestions on a guitar stand for the floor? I'm reluctant to hang my guitars (so a cradle model of sorts would do) and Amazon doesn't appear to have many good ones.
    Thanks for any help.
    Chris

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Are you looking for a stand that can hold multiple guitars, or single stands?

I recently grabbed two of these when they were on sale (PRS Floating Guitar Stand – PRS Guitars West Street East Accessory Store) and they are great. Very sturdy, and the guitars look great on them.

If you're looking for a multi-stand, I've heard good things about a few brands:

Ruach GR-3 Customisable 3 Way Guitar Rack for Guitars and Cases - Ruach Music
    Sorry! Something went wrong!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JSanta
    Are you looking for a stand that can hold multiple guitars, or single stands?

I recently grabbed two of these when they were on sale (PRS Floating Guitar Stand – PRS Guitars West Street East Accessory Store) and they are great. Very sturdy, and the guitars look great on them.

If you're looking for a multi-stand, I've heard good things about a few brands:

Ruach GR-3 Customisable 3 Way Guitar Rack for Guitars and Cases - Ruach Music
    Sorry! Something went wrong!
    Actually, just a single guitar.
    The one you suggested look good but I'm reluctant to hang my guitar(s).
    But thanks, anyway. Appreciate it.

User Info Menu

If you want a real nice quality stand buy one of these - I have one and it’s magnificent.

Handcrafted wood guitar stands by South Mountain Woodworks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Which model and finish do you have?
    I like the concept on how it cradles the guitar rather than "holding" it.
    I am taking delivery on a French rub/varnish finished guitar.
    As I have seen, with a guitar finish like this, contact points on a guitar stand could create wear points/areas.

Quote Originally Posted by QAman
    If you want a real nice quality stand buy one of these - I have one and it’s magnificent.

Handcrafted wood guitar stands by South Mountain Woodworks

User Info Menu

Nice to have a quality stand like these. The cost is minor if you have a high end premium guitar to hold

User Info Menu

That PRS stand looks awesome, and love the wooden stand from South Mountain, as well. If I only had ONE guitar, would be a consideration.

As a woodworker, I've been threatening to build a similar guitar stand for quite awhile. Will have to think about it some more.

I have 5 guitars and 1 uke hanging on the wall using String Swing hooks. I like them up off the floor, cause the dogs like to sniff them and get slobber on the tops. (Yuck) I do have 3 or 4 on stands on the floor, as I don't have enough free wall space in that room, which are a couple of different budget models.

The sturdiest are the Hercules stands--$30-50 at GC or online. I also have some minimalist Fender stands that don't extend up the neck - fine if you don't have dogs or kids walking around on a routine basis.

Hercules Stands - Guitar

User Info Menu

I really like the PRS stands. They are very sturdy, and I don't have any fear that I'm putting undo strain on a guitar when they are there.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat
    Which model and finish do you have?
    I like the concept on how it cradles the guitar rather than "holding" it.
    I am taking delivery on a French rub/varnish finished guitar.
    As I have seen, with a guitar finish like this, contact points on a guitar stand could create wear points/areas.
    I have the walnut / maple model 2 . In fact, I have a second one on order due in a few weeks. These are high quality solid stands with beautiful felt at all contact points, and a nice swing latch with magnetic contacts.

The fit and finish is like a piece of fine furniture.

User Info Menu

I've used On-Stage A-frame stands for a long time and I really like them. They're soft foam on the contact points and hold the guitar firmly.

On-Stage Stands GS7362B Standard Single A-Frame Guitar Stand | Sweetwater

User Info Menu

I use Hercules stands but there's a guy making wooden ones that look pretty nice.
    Folding Wood Guitar Stands from Solid Ground Stands

User Info Menu

Lots of beautiful stands here! If you don't want to spend a lot of money and want one that doesn't require "hanging", you might try one of these.
    HM EG23 Wooden guitar stand - Guitar From Spain

Stagg makes a similar one. I bought a couple a few years ago on Amazon. Not the fanciest wooden stands but they do work well. (Unfortunately, temporarily out of stock on Amazon right now, but you might find elsewhere) https://www.amazon.com/Stagg-SG-AW10...ct_top?ie=UTF8

(Says there for classical guitars but I use them on everything from archtops to Teles)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    I use Hercules stands but there's a guy making wooden ones that look pretty nice.
    Folding Wood Guitar Stands from Solid Ground Stands
    Winter: Thanks. Pretty much what I'm after. I'll buzz them tomorrow. Thanks to the others, too, that offered their suggestions.
    Chris

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by teleman3726
    Winter: Thanks. Pretty much what I'm after. I'll buzz them tomorrow. Thanks to the others, too, that offered their suggestions.
    Chris
    Yeah, I'd say an orig NYer deserves better than an old metal Hamilton w surgical tubing in the cradle

User Info Menu

17534 Four guitar stand >>Guardian 3+1<< | Konig & Meyer US

I have a couple of these. Not beautiful by any means but space saving and haven’t marred any finishes for me.
    Last edited by lammie200; 01-09-2021 at 05:58 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    Yeah, I'd say an orig NYer deserves better than an old metal Hamilton w surgical tubing in the cradle
    Ha! Agree. But I have a classical with a gorgeous French polish finish and my old rack' with rubber padding didn't do it any favors. I found out the hard way.
    Come to think of it, I'll put it in the bedroom and see if my wife gets any ideas.

User Info Menu

I made a bunch of these out of shop scraps a few years back to use around the house, but sold them off recently and replaced them with Herculeses (Herculi?) when my daughter reached the perilous stage of toddlerdom:

Wooden Guitar Stand (floor)-img_20201103_134657684-jpg

You might also get in touch with Josh at Atlas Stands... he used to post here, but I haven't seen him around in a while. I think he focuses on amp stands, but has made some nice guitar stands as well.

User Info Menu

I use the guitar stands from OneFortyThree. Great small business to deal with. Made in Nevada. Minimalist, mid-century design (which appeals to me). Very sturdy - never been knocked over despite the presence of toddlers and a dog. They'll line the portion of the wood which comes in contact with the guitar with suede, felt, or any other material upon request.

Wooden Guitar Stand (floor)-255ce4fc35d5705b5d203b19d67bf01e-jpg

User Info Menu

I believe you have some higher end beauties. IMHO These stands are treating them the respect they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by QAman
    I have the walnut / maple model 2 . In fact, I have a second one on order due in a few weeks. These are high quality solid stands with beautiful felt at all contact points, and a nice swing latch with magnetic contacts.

The fit and finish is like a piece of fine furniture.

User Info Menu

Cool minimalist design. The wood paddle curve high enough to cradle the guitar. But being the nervous person I am I would still want a design that cradles the neck. Ideally both the high lower bout cradle and a cradle for the neck, head.

Quote Originally Posted by MAJackson
    I use the guitar stands from OneFortyThree. Great small business to deal with. Made in Nevada. Minimalist, mid-century design (which appeals to me). Very sturdy - never been knocked over despite the presence of toddlers and a dog. They'll line the portion of the wood which comes in contact with the guitar with suede, felt, or any other material upon request.

User Info Menu

I like the design. But a low setting amp stand design in a house with cats could be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jehu
    I made a bunch of these out of shop scraps a few years back to use around the house, but sold them off recently and replaced them with Herculeses (Herculi?) when my daughter reached the perilous stage of toddlerdom:

Wooden Guitar Stand (floor)-img_20201103_134657684-jpg

You might also get in touch with Josh at Atlas Stands... he used to post here, but I haven't seen him around in a while. I think he focuses on amp stands, but has made some nice guitar stands as well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MAJackson

Love the stand -- but that Strat blue is amazing!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    That PRS stand looks awesome, and love the wooden stand from South Mountain, as well. If I only had ONE guitar, would be a consideration.

As a woodworker, I've been threatening to build a similar guitar stand for quite awhile. Will have to think about it some more.

I have 5 guitars and 1 uke hanging on the wall using String Swing hooks. I like them up off the floor, cause the dogs like to sniff them and get slobber on the tops. (Yuck) I do have 3 or 4 on stands on the floor, as I don't have enough free wall space in that room, which are a couple of different budget models.

The sturdiest are the Hercules stands--$30-50 at GC or online. I also have some minimalist Fender stands that don't extend up the neck - fine if you don't have dogs or kids walking around on a routine basis.

Hercules Stands - Guitar
    Be cautious with Hercules. I've heard numerous stories of the padding on them causing nitro burn on Gibsons.