The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 127

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Glad I bought my Mesa Rosette last year.

User Info Menu

Wow!!! Didnt see that coming!
    But good for Randy.

Quote Originally Posted by L50EF15

User Info Menu

This is, IMO, a good move for both. Randy Smith needs to start planning his retirement and Gibson needs to expand back into amps, as they are mostly an electric guitar company.

I have long been a fan of Gibson electric guitars and Mesa amps and I hope that this consolidation enables both iconic brands to move forward and prosper.

User Info Menu

All I want to see is Gibson archtops in stock again in music stores and the 175 back in production. The Hendrix limited addition Flying V doesn’t float my boat.
    Sadly I am eating my words about my dislike for Henry J.
    This new guy needs to go back to blue jeans.

User Info Menu

Mesa Boogie amps are next...

User Info Menu

wow..the end of an era...didn't expect that one! kind of a strange one

cheers

User Info Menu

Let's hope the bean counters don't do their worst.

User Info Menu

not the first time gibson has bought an amp company...they bought the uk's trace elliot...then widely popular (esp with bass players) and considered to be fine amps..and drove them into the dirt

cheers

User Info Menu

So now Boogies will become lifestyle amps? Worse quality and triple the price...?

End of an era....

User Info Menu

There was a time Gibson made really fine amps. I used to have one. They should've taken care of what they had to begin with.

User Info Menu

Suddenly, I'm really starting to miss my Studio Calibre .22.

User Info Menu

Man, I remember Genz-Benz being absorbed into Fender, then Fender killing them and pushing their Rumble series. Different situation and chronology, but I sure hope Gibson doesn't have similar plans.

More reasons to keep my 79 Mesa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

My first thought is that, in terms of eventually issuing an IPO and taking Gibson public, this is certainly an interesting move.

User Info Menu

As tube amps fade into the sunset and modelers take over, Gibson buys Mesa/Boogie.

One of the primary reasons for the last bankruptcy was poor investments.

User Info Menu

Well, good luck to them. A toast!

User Info Menu

That will not make Mesa amps cheaper :-(
    (They are incredibly expensive here in Europe, you find them used for the price you pay for a new one in the US !)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Man, I remember Genz-Benz being absorbed into Fender, then Fender killing them and pushing their Rumble series. Different situation and chronology, but I sure hope Gibson doesn't have similar plans.
    well at least fender did "pretty good" with their own fender amps!!! haha

70 years strong!

cheers

I wish I still had my early 80's MK II B Simul-Class. Was my favorite amp ever and at 60 years young I've had pretty much all the popular ones and some lesser knowns that sounded pretty amazing.

I hope Gibson does right by this iconic brand.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    All I want to see is Gibson archtops in stock again in music stores and the 175 back in production. The Hendrix limited addition Flying V doesn’t float my boat.
    Sadly I am eating my words about my dislike for Henry J.
    This new guy needs to go back to blue jeans.
    I am agnostic about the Mesa amps. But I agree 100% bring back the 175!! (I am irrationally jonesing for another one...)

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    Mesa Boogie amps are next...

Firebird X with wonky tuners and software? Not even remotely useful for jazz...having a hard time working up some outrage over this...

User Info Menu

I just want to say how impressed I am with my new USA Gibson ES-335. I've owned CS as well as Memphis Historic Gibson's. And this is maybe even better in all areas. So although I'm sad Gibson isn't making Archtops currently, I think they get it!

Also a good match for both brands. Excellent products built for professionals!

User Info Menu

I hope they come with a Gibson RI-line, starting with this one:

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    I am agnostic about the Mesa amps. But I agree 100% bring back the 175!! (I am irrationally jonesing for another one...)

Firebird X with wonky tuners and software? Not even remotely useful for jazz...having a hard time working up some outrage over this...
    Gibson acquires MESA Boogie I’m agnostic over Mesa amps Gibson acquires MESA Boogie I couldn’t hemp my self. Truth is I like my Mesa yes love it no. I’d rather a smaller vox or smaller fender with tremolo and reverb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    Okay, I'll look for the video clip where they bulldoze ES-175s and L-5s.