The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Posts 176 to 183 of 183

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    Going by the massive gear collections some people seem to have, there is probably an electric guitar for every person on the planet.
    Google says there are 1 Billion small arms in the world and 780 million guitars.

We're catching up!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr quick
    It also seems like the younger players are buying rather pragmatically, as in, buying one "good" guitar, and leaving it at that.
    I do agree that there is likely one electric guitar or more for every guitarist on the planet.
    That’s where it all starts! I had just one Les Paul for about my first 10 with a good electric. Let’s just suffice it to say that things have changed.

I still have that Les Paul. As far as playability, everything still gets compared to this one.

User Info Menu

Cheers, that's a good story. In the last few years I've cut down my own collection so that it currently looks like this:
    1. Gibson ES-139 ("The one")
    2. Epi Sheraton
    3. Ibanez AF75
    4. Classical guitar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    Going by the massive gear collections some people seem to have, there is probably an electric guitar for every person on the planet.
    I'm doing my bit.*

* Although it is not so much a "collection" as it is an "accumulation." Music stores (remember them?) used to get nervous when I used to talk about selling guitars rather than buying them.**

** Truth be told, I got a lot of great deals that way.
    Last edited by citizenk74; 01-12-2021 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Additional thought (hey I don't have that many, I need to jot 'em down before they escape!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lobomov
    Don't be .... That was many decades before my time

Anyways .. back to the true horrors of the world .. Rick Beato one late night telling the world that he gets pissed off by Dylan watching his ipad instead of practicing his oboe
    Jesus Chriminy, Dylan plays guitar--acoustic AND electric, piano, organ, steel, saxophone...AND the oboe?? It's a wonder he even has time to feed himself, practicing all those instruments...

Rick Beato Signature Model Gibson in the works-dylan-jpg

User Info Menu

Dylan as a massive **** you to his father becomes Dark Souls speedrun world champion or some such and a top gaming Twitchstreamer? Don’t bet against it.

would also keep RB in whinging for several years. Everyone’s a winner!!

User Info Menu

This thread has made me lust for one of Gibson totally pimped dentist/lawyer Double Cut LP Specials

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lobomov
    But cool .. A long time ago I tried reading Montefiore's Young Stalin, but must admit that it was excruciatingly boring, so I couldn't finish it. Might check out Kotkin .. Thx
    I found Court of the Red Tsar riveting. On the lighter side, I just finished watching Deutschland 83 and 86.

My approach to kids music lessons is to let them quit when they are ready to strangle you and the music teacher, not before. They will thank you later.