The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

Has anyone had a chance to compare the new Bud 6 with the original Bud? I noticed that they moved the sound port from the bottom to the front. I wonder if it's more directional, but more consistent in different placements.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Has anyone had a chance to compare the new Bud 6 with the original Bud? I noticed that they moved the sound port from the bottom to the front. I wonder if it's more directional, but more consistent in different placements.
    They have not moved the port on the new Bud 6. In some of their online ads, they are showing a picture of a Bud 10 in the ad for a Bud 6. Not a wise marketing move IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    They have not moved the port on the new Bud 6. In some of their online ads, they are showing a picture of a Bud 10 in the ad for a Bud 6. Not a wise marketing move IMO.
    Ah, you are right, thanks. BTW, be careful about buying a used one. Many ads for "The Bud 6" are actually for the old Bud.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound;[URL="tel:1087867"
    1087867[/URL]]Ah, you are right, thanks. BTW, be careful about buying a used one. Many ads for "The Bud 6" are actually for the old Bud.
    what’s the difference ?
    just interested , not buying one atmo

Quote Originally Posted by pingu
    what’s the difference ?
    just interested , not buying one atmo
    The new one is several lbs lighter, and has added features. OTTOMH, bluetooth.

User Info Menu

The Bluetooth is great btw. Turn on a YouTube video by Mr. sunnybass ( free play along by an upright bass player without drums or anything else) or drumgenious and let the fun begin

User Info Menu

The original Bud can be recognized by the finned heat sink on the back. The new version (which does not have the heat sink) uses a class D power amp which runs cooler, makes the amp lighter and according to some, warms the tone.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blue_lu
    The Bluetooth is great btw. Turn on a YouTube video by Mr. sunnybass ( free play along by an upright bass player without drums or anything else) or drumgenious and let the fun begin
    Never know what you are gonna find looking through old threads. The Mr. Sunnybass YT clips are great.

User Info Menu

The new one sounds better. My first bud was the original Gen. It sounded very nasal and boxy to me and turned me off henriksen amps for a while. The speaker and cab haven't changed, so I think think the class d power amp is what improved the tone in addition to the weight.

oops didn’t realize this was an old thread.
    Last edited by omphalopsychos; 03-25-2023 at 12:06 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by omphalopsychos
    The new one sounds better. My first bud was the original Gen. It sounded very nasal and boxy to me and turned me off henriksen amps for a while. The speaker and cab haven't changed, so I think think the class d power amp is what improved the tone in addition to the weight.

oops didn’t realize this was an old thread.
    agreed, i had the first gen and now the bud 6.

User Info Menu

Does anyone use these to play an electric bass in a jazz context? (not some power thump thump context!)