The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

Time to stimulate the economy. I like the PrimeTone 1.4mm in a jazz III format or, occasionally, those Dunlop Ultex Jazz III XL series. Which BlueChips are closest?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The one I like most for jazz is the BC Jazz 60. Great control. Blue Chip picks have a good focus on the fundamental.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cmajor9
    The one I like most for jazz is the BC Jazz 60. Great control. Blue Chip picks have a good focus on the fundamental.
    Yeah, the 50 or 60 would work. The IBJ55 is my new favorite, and I don't even like "big, thick" picks! If you really want to get the economy going, order a couple different sizes -- you may be surprised what you like! [My other fave is the Jazz35!] The Blue Chip magic is "great sound/feel with any size!"

User Info Menu

I really like my LG 50. Just a bit bigger than the Dunlop.

Which BlueChip Pick?-c3220161-f65e-46aa-bdf7-bdab2b41a5ae-jpegWhich BlueChip Pick?-ba49ff93-9b03-46b4-a6f1-a9b6543f6f5b-jpeg

The TAD 50 is for bluegrass rhythm guitar.

User Info Menu

The Jazz 60 is a nice pick, but my current favorite is a TD60. I got it as a gift some months back, and I'm really liking the sound. The teardrop point isn't necessarily the fastest to play, but the sound is amazing, slightly better than the Jazz 60 or the small Jazz 60. It gives a really full, powerful tone.

This could get expensive. Good thing Uncle Sam is funding this.

User Info Menu

It may be too late now, but putting your preferred BC picks on the site wishlist, then giving links to that list to anyone who asks what you want for Christmas, birthday, or whatever, seems to work. I got most of my picks that way. $35 is not all that extravagant for a present, for most people. I've quit doing it, because I already have plenty of Blue Chip picks, but I may see one that I really, really need someday.

User Info Menu

I think the small Jazz 60 is closest to the OP's desired Jazz III, but my personal preference is the KS60 "unbeveled".

I've been using literally the same pick* as my main pick for about 6 years now. I have backups of course and have dabbled with the KS40 (too thin for me) and the KS50 (ok for amplified playing but too light for unplugged).

*Long story, but it fell out of my pocket at a bar in Seattle once...I went back 2 hours later and found it.

User Info Menu

I love the BC Jazz 40.
    It's thinner than a Jazz III. (It's 1mm, not 1.38).
    I might be fine with the next size up (-haven't tried it) but I'm happy with the 40.

User Info Menu

I use Jazz 60's on my archtop. Jazz 50's on my semi-hollow, and IBJ55's on my flat-tops. And yes, people love to give these as holiday gifts! I've got 15 in total - a lifetime supply, as they simply don't wear out - but I've only bought 3 myself!