The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 41 of 41
    Quote Originally Posted by barryr1
    steve has used a number of different guitars ove the years. his signature tone was a fender telecaster with a special wound humbucker in the neck position by guitar lab (now defunct). he uses stock gibbys in his 335.. i think his point was... the tone comes from you. find a box that works for you... get a decent set of pickups...they'll be fine.
    Right. I love Steve Khans tone and playing as well. Ive a few of his records. But that record "the suitcase" with Dennis Chambers and Anthony Jackson is sickk.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The Pat/Rivera tone I love is here:

Quote Originally Posted by Meggy
    The Pat/Rivera tone I love is here:
    Yep thats it huh!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzgtrl4
    Yep thats it huh!
    That for me is the tone! Although I realise most people know what Pat Martino sounds like, I could not resist the excuse to post a link to one of my favorite artists LOL!

User Info Menu

so let us know how the pickup switch turns out...i'm curious

User Info Menu

You get those pickups changed out...or did you decide to keep the 90's

Quote Originally Posted by barryr1
    You get those pickups changed out...or did you decide to keep the 90's

Hi, haven't done it yet. too busy. I am gong to though, might head into the Lollar direction.

User Info Menu

Hi all check out this Abe Rivera i just scored in a trade. known to be played by PAt Martino and Kevin Eubanks, but you knew that already.
    Sweet guitar.Can you tell me,since it is neck through body construction,is the neck angled back like a Gibson 4 degree? or does it run straight.I noticed the body is carved out where the bridge is maybe thats how he compensated bridge height if it is on the same plane.Great guitar.Thanks

User Info Menu

Sweet guitar.Ive got an L5s blond that your guitar reminds me of,minus all the inlay and carving.Can you tell me,since it is neck through body construction,is there an angle in the neck counter to the body,or does it run true all the way through?What did you trade for that ride?Im building a guitar right now and the Spectre is the inspiration for it.But trueth be told,I like the guitar because Pat Martino is the Man. Thanks.

Hi ya it runs straight through. I traded a Fuchs ODS 100 head and cab for it. Guy needed an amp. Im actually thinking about parting with the Rivera if someone is interested. came into some financial difficulty's so i might sell it.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info.Let me know your price if you ever want to give it up.Ive got an es-347 and a Lehmann archtop I want to sell/or possible trade.Anyway that guitar looks like it plays nice,thanks for your time.

User Info Menu

Yeah...I'd be interested to see what you're asking as well.
    barry

User Info Menu

Hi all check out this Abe Rivera i just scored in a trade. known to be played by PAt Martino and Kevin Eubanks, but you knew that already.
    Is that the same guitar that was recently for sale on Craig's list? If so, if you still have it I'm interested.

Yep i had it forsale for min..in LA craigslist

User Info Menu

is it still for sale?

User Info Menu

Nice guitar... I remember the first time I saw Kevin Eubanks playing one on Jay Leno, I thought it was a homemade jobber... I just assumed since he was a "bud head" that he had decided to create something organic for himself. It looked like a big plank of wood he mish mashed together from far away. Not until I saw Pat Martino with one did I make the connection. Ha!