The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 54 of 54

User Info Menu

That is Tal’s father playing the prototype.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by vinlander
    The modern Viceroy Brown color is very sensitive to light and camera flash when taking picture and very often doesn't reflect the real color.
    Its a bit lighter than the original color, as it tends to vary from Ice Tea Burst to Caramel burst even if in picture it tends to look more orange.
    Here is the original color of the prototype before it faded to natural:
    Attachment 77531
    cool photo! Yes much darker than the modern ones by the look of it. I noticed on mine that the colour looks drastically different depending on the lighting in the room.

After some extensive digging I was able to speak to a previous owner who bought it in early 2000s. Turns out he still has the Bill of sale along with a note written by the Pennsylvanian dealer who sold it, confirming that the guitar was indeed played by Tal and sold by Tal personally just before he passed. It’s a bit sad that bearing the end he seems to have tried to consolidate a bit but also nice to know that he did have the opportunity to play it.

here it is being played by me, not up to a Tal calibre by any means and still has a bit of slop here and there but I’m still working on it

User Info Menu

Lyder klarere end en norsk fjeldsø! ... as I saw someone write recently as a sales pitch.

Congrats on both having a piece of history and a great sounding guitar ... Play it in good health