The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
    I am looking for a new archtop, and find this one interesting, if you have tried one or own one please comment.
    Or if you know about a laminate archtop with a 16" or 15" lower bout, around 2.5 or 2.25 or 2 of depth, only 1 mounted pickup and a 1.500 and 3000 dollars range, feel free to comment about it
    Thanks and regards
    Alejandro
    Last edited by alejandrobryce; 12-07-2020 at 01:10 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

those d'aquistos were made under the auspices of aria

fellow forum member rob mackillop had one for a time

got a huge acoustic tone out of it

cheers

User Info Menu

I tried one recently. I thought it was really nice, and probably would have bought if I had the money in hand (I was just beginning the process of selling gear to fund a guitar purchase). The neck felt great. It was fairly loud unplugged (for a laminate), with a bright/sweet plugged-in tone that struck me as like a carved top. Eastman makes a few different guitars that size I tried the ar305, which is very nice but not my kind of tone. There's also the Comins GCS-16, which is quite nice.

Any of those is a good guitar and in your price range. They're all a bit different from each other, though, and it's best to try out as many as you can. To my tastes, I liked the D'Aquisto best of the 2.5" guitars I tried If you're willing to look at guitars as thick as 3", there are a whole bunch of other options (which is what I wound up doing).

John

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    those d'aquistos were made under the auspices of aria

fellow forum member rob mackillop had one for a time

got a huge acoustic tone out of it

cheers
    Just a point of order folks .....
    this is a New Yorker (floating pu)
    not a Jazzline (set in Pu)
    very nice tho !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by alejandrobryce
    I am looking for a new archtop, and find this one interesting, if you have tried one or own one please comment.
    Or if you know about an archtop with a 16" or 15" lower bout, around 2.5 or 2.25 or 2 of depth, only 1 mounted pickup and a 1.500 and 2.500 dollars range, feel free to comment about it
    Thanks and regards
    Alejandro