The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 18 of 18

User Info Menu

I got this yesterday afternoon, only a few days late. Named "Mac's Guitar".

Mahogany with a maple cap body, mahogany neck, joined (glued) neck, rosewood fretboard, jumbo frets, scale length 24.75, pull tone pot that rolls off some low end.

The setup is sweet, low action, no buzz, plays great. Playing this I realize I don't have any guitars with a scale length this short. The D' Addario .10s it came with feel really slinky thin, I suppose because of the shorter neck. First guitar bought from Sweetwater. Not sure if Yamaha or Sweetwater deserves the credit, the setup is really good.

I really like the pickups, the neck pickup is on the warm side of things. The bridge pup gives another good usable sound as does the middle position. I think with this guitar I'll venture away from almost always using the neck pup.

Attached Images Attached Images NGD Yes, FedEx late is okay-iqn103158-angle-xlarge-small-jpg 
    Last edited by fep; 12-08-2020 at 09:46 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Nice. sounds great. Happy NGD.

John

User Info Menu

I tried this one in a shop a year or two ago .. Remember really liking the full neck

Congrats fep .. enjoy it!

User Info Menu

I would tend to credit Yamaha for the setup. I doubt that Sweetwater does any guitar setups.

It looks like Ive been scammed for 4000$ by Rich Baranowski of Lakeshore Guitars Troy,Mi. I found his site on Reverb and was deceived by the over 300 good reveiws. He is also on the Les Paul Forum. He attends guitar shows where he buys and sells. It looks like he is very skilled in computer fraud and hacking. It looks like he wrote the good reviews himself. I plan to talk to the FBI on Monday and charge him with interstate wire fraud but I doubt if they can help much. He uses the alias C.Chapman also. I reached out a few days here for some info on how to contact Reverbs customer protection so his ads can be removed but my computer is not allowing me to reach them. Any info on how to reach Reverb and stop him would be appreciated. I am 66 years old and poor. Merry Christmas!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steve burchfield
    It looks like Ive been scammed for 4000$
    I am 66 years old and poor. Merry Christmas!
    ????
    And what has this to deal with the thread ?

Anyway thanks for the good wishes

When there is a dishonest predator on a large guitar based platform like Reverb I think it is a good thing to warn people and stop them. It looks like Reverb is not as safe as it used to be since a new company bought it. I thought a company with many good reviews and Reverbs buyer protection was safe but it is not anymore. If someone would have warned me I would be enjoying my new instrument instead of finding Reverb has turned into a den of thieves and the company does not seem to care. As always buyer beware and things are not always as they seem. You are welcome for good wishes.

User Info Menu

That was a fantastic video Fep.
    I love everything about it. You have a beautiful dog. Wonderful, soothing playing.
    I’ve been watching Matteo Mancuso light it up on those guitars. I am a fan of the guitar. I like originality. That is an original.
    I love Yamaha stuff. I find that THR30ii to be very intriguing. Hopefully a new waverunner finds its way into my possession next year.
    Very cool.
    Love it, thanks for sharing.
    Joe DeNisco

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steve burchfield
    When there is a dishonest predator on a large guitar based platform like Reverb I think it is a good thing to warn people and stop them.
    Yes, that is true. But why are you putting this in someone else's NGD thread instead of in a separate thread on its own merits?

Quote Originally Posted by Cunamara
    Yes, that is true. But why are you putting this in someone else's NGD thread instead of in a separate thread on its own merits?
    I am fairly new to JGO and do not know how to start a new thread. Maybe someone can inform me.

User Info Menu

Click on a category and click post new thread

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    I got this yesterday afternoon, only a few days late. Named "Mac's Guitar".
    Congrats Frank!

User Info Menu

Sweet looking (and sounding) guitar. Congratulations, and play it in good health!

Also: really good video. Nice work!

Also also: Good Doggie, Mac!

User Info Menu

i love yamaha and i love these, but what has kept me from buying one is the realization that it is essentially "just" a les paul, of which i already have. if it were a slab body or a long scale it would have something different enough to get me to consider doing something dumb, but no. which is a shame, because i think these look awesome, and i can't imagine anything better in the price range.

but i'm glad you got one. it looks and sounds great. has me reconsidering things. can't wait to hear more thoughts and sounds.

User Info Menu

I really dig this series of Yamaha models - classic design style but still its own thing. Sounds fine and I loved your beautiful relaxed playing, Frank! Love the dog, too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    That was a fantastic video Fep.
    I love everything about it. You have a beautiful dog. Wonderful, soothing playing.
    I’ve been watching Matteo Mancuso light it up on those guitars. I am a fan of the guitar. I like originality. That is an original.
    I love Yamaha stuff. I find that THR30ii to be very intriguing. Hopefully a new waverunner finds its way into my possession next year.
    Very cool.
    Love it, thanks for sharing.
    Joe DeNisco
    Thanks, a dog and a guitar... my definition of heaven. Mac is 10 weeks old tomorrow, a golden retriever. A lot to handle at this age.

"Mac's Guitar"... I asked my wife, "can I buy Mac something". She said, "sure hon, anything you want". So I bought him a guitar.

Thanks for introducing me to Matteo, awesome, now off to listen to him some more.

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Sweet looking (and sounding) guitar. Congratulations, and play it in good health!

Also: really good video. Nice work!

Also also: Good Doggie, Mac!
    Yes good doggie. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feet
    i love yamaha and i love these, but what has kept me from buying one is the realization that it is essentially "just" a les paul, of which i already have. if it were a slab body or a long scale it would have something different enough to get me to consider doing something dumb, but no. which is a shame, because i think these look awesome, and i can't imagine anything better in the price range.

but i'm glad you got one. it looks and sounds great. has me reconsidering things. can't wait to hear more thoughts and sounds.
    Yes, it does spec out just like a Les Paul but with it's own look. I've never had a Les Paul.

The build quality of this one seems great, I'm looking it over and can't find the slightest flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by TOMMO
    I really dig this series of Yamaha models - classic design style but still its own thing. Sounds fine and I loved your beautiful relaxed playing, Frank! Love the dog, too.
    Thanks, I was a bit impatient in wanting to put that video up. A couple of warts in the playing... I want another take.

Guitar is about to go in the case, have a bow placed on it, and wait for Christmas (or my birthday on the 21st, yeah my birthday would be better) to be opened. Well, it does need a bit more time being inspected.

And regarding the design. They market it as being influenced by the café racer motorcycle... after all they make motorcycles also. I did consider that in the color I chose. Was looking at the honey burst but thought I didn't need another guitar that looked like my grandmothers furniture.
    Attached Images Attached Images NGD Yes, FedEx late is okay-vintage-cafe-racers-1-jpg NGD Yes, FedEx late is okay-iqn103158-angle-xlarge-small-jpg 

User Info Menu

these have the distinct advantage of being more ergonomic and at least a pound lighter. but i assume it's still too similar for me to justify. though i'd absolutely get one if i were touring or something. at least the pacificas (which aren't nearly as "me" as these are) offer something different, which can kinda be justified. i guess i could do different pickups or something, but even those are part of the appeal, and i'd like to mess with that bass cut thing.

i like that weird rusty grey of the mij model, if i had to pick.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    Thanks, a dog and a guitar... my definition of heaven. Mac is 10 weeks old tomorrow, a golden retriever. A lot to handle at this age.

"Mac's Guitar"... I asked my wife, "can I buy Mac something". She said, "sure hon, anything you want". So I bought him a guitar.

Thanks for introducing me to Matteo, awesome, now off to listen to him some more.

Yes good doggie. Thanks

Yes, it does spec out just like a Les Paul but with it's own look. I've never had a Les Paul.

The build quality of this one seems great, I'm looking it over and can't find the slightest flaw.

Thanks, I was a bit impatient in wanting to put that video up. A couple of warts in the playing... I want another take.

Guitar is about to go in the case, have a bow placed on it, and wait for Christmas (or my birthday on the 21st, yeah my birthday would be better) to be opened. Well, it does need a bit more time being inspected.

And regarding the design. They market it as being influenced by the café racer motorcycle... after all they make motorcycles also. I did consider that in the color I chose. Was looking at the honey burst but thought I didn't need another guitar that looked like my grandmothers furniture.
    Apparently that bike has no battery... Magneto? Love the design and execution, though.