The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 27

User Info Menu

Trying not to be impatient, but the anticipation and all...

Note, Kingman is less than 6 hours from San Diego and Rialto is less than 2 hours from San Diego. (And yes, that's the Kingman in the song Route 66, this guitar traveled along Route 66 but no doubt adjacent to it on the interstates.)

All bets are off as to when this will arrive, seems it hit warehouse gridlock, maybe in a truck in a parking lot waiting to be sorted to a San Diego truck.

Moral of the story, don't be surprised if online orders are late, maybe really late from now until the beginning of next year.
    Attached Images Attached Images NGD not, or FedEx logjam-ngd-not-aka-fedex-logjam-png 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Sorry Fep, but not the best time for a speedy delivery-I see FedEx drivers in Ryder rental trucks!

User Info Menu

I’m also experiencing a delay with a shipment. It’s a combination of COVID and the enormous amount of online shopping. It’s hard to be patient, but not much you can do right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Everything I have order is way behind. I need a Timex replacement band bought one on 11/15/20 still in transit. Couple of items from ebay for my bike were slower but not huge. Right now I think everything by mail or shipping is going to be behind and get worse...............until possible covid improves.

If I am buying a guitar my usual process is that if I can drive to pick it up and be home the same day I do. For me that seems to be around 400 miles but for something really special I could go over 500. In my youth it would have been more. Drove to Gruhn's in 1980 to buy a D'angelico Excel about 500 miles. Stayed overnight it is about a 7 hour drive.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    Trying not to be impatient, but the anticipation and all...

Note, Kingman is less than 6 hours from San Diego and Rialto is less than 2 hours from San Diego. (And yes, that's the Kingman in the song Route 66, this guitar traveled along Route 66 but no doubt adjacent to it on the interstates.)

All bets are off as to when this will arrive, seems it hit warehouse gridlock, maybe in a truck in a parking lot waiting to be sorted to a San Diego truck.

Moral of the story, don't be surprised if online orders are late, maybe really late from now until the beginning of next year.
    It's likely in a warehouse in your area, not on a truck. Don't anticipate a delivery in less than a week for ground delivery.

User Info Menu

I've got one that's out for delivery on a truck since about 2 this morning, from a spot that's maybe 15 miles from my home. Fingers crossed.

John

User Info Menu

I have gotten a lot of stuff even sooner than predicted, but some things have taken a LONG time. I ordered some stuff from PSI for penmaking, and it was shipped through FedEx and arrived locally in about 5 days. There it sat at the local USPO for over a week. Was promised 6-8 days, took 14.

Oh well. I wasn’t in a big hurry for such. But if any part of the journey goes through USPS, I would expect delays.

I hope there’s one thing we all can get behind as Americans next year: fix the USPO (and other delivery services will up their game as well).d

Anyway, good luck. Let us know what kind of guitar it is, and then we’ll know whether to be disappointed a little or A LOT...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff

Anyway, good luck. Let us know what kind of guitar it is, and then we’ll know whether to be disappointed a little or A LOT...
    Not sure if I should, could be banned from the site...

Here's a pic they took of it before it shipped
    Attached Images Attached Images NGD not, or FedEx logjam-iqn103158-angle-xlarge-small-jpg 

User Info Menu

Even Amazon has been a day or a few late with their Prime deliveries. Don't know if it's them or the carrier.

User Info Menu

If the forum faithful can accept me buying a 7-String ESP, they can certainly accept you buying that little solid-body beauty. Nice NGD coming for you, there.

By the way, Amazon has been ahead of schedule on many items I have ordered as has Sweetwater (what great customer service they give, bordering on being invasive sometimes - but I'll take that over the opposite).

As Citizen74 likes to say, "Enjoy it in good health."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Even Amazon has been a day or a few late with their Prime deliveries. Don't know if it's them or the carrier.

UPS drivers told not to pick up shipments from major retailers amid pandemic-fueled holiday surge: report | TheHill

FYI - - that's what freight carriers call ' giving back freight '....... That's when you know they've got freight coming out of their eyeballs........

Good luck !!

User Info Menu

Just received my speaker cab from Sweetwater - one day early. Go figure...

and that's all I need.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubs
    Just received my speaker cab from Sweetwater - one day early. Go figure...

and that's all I need.
    Sweetwater is always excellent.

User Info Menu

Placed a deposit on an Eastman T486 back on June 1/20 at L & M Hamilton, with a delivery date of September 10. That date was pushed back to Nov. 1/20 and again to Dec. 5/20. Last estimate from Eastman was early Jan./21. With the Christmas rush and COVID lock downs it could be a while. The arrival date will come eventually, I think I will name it Patience.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oldjock
    Placed a deposit on an Eastman T486 back on June 1/20 at L & M Hamilton, with a delivery date of September 10. That date was pushed back to Nov. 1/20 and again to Dec. 5/20. Last estimate from Eastman was early Jan./21. With the Christmas rush and COVID lock downs it could be a while. The arrival date will come eventually, I think I will name it Patience.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    Not sure if I should, could be banned from the site...

Here's a pic they took of it before it shipped
    I think that you are going to have to send it back anyway. It appears to be missing most of its neck and headstock.

User Info Menu

Argh, mine had bad address info and wasn't delivered. Now hoping for redelivery ASAP (appears to have been a courier error).

John

User Info Menu

I'm still waiting for a pecan pie I ordered for Thanksgiving. Suppose to be here tomorrow but with it two weeks old, I'm not gonna eat it...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by archtopeddy
    I'm still waiting for a pecan pie I ordered for Thanksgiving. Suppose to be here tomorrow but with it two weeks old, I'm not gonna eat it...

Pecan pie is kinda like Twinkies..............very extended shelf life............

User Info Menu

I ordered a couple of things from Amazon (prime). Was supposed to arrive yesterday (Friday 12/4). Every day I get a notice or two that it will be delayed another day. As of today it's pushed back to next Tuesday.

User Info Menu

At the height of the USPS clusterflub this summer it took 3 weeks for a single preamp tube to reach me via “priority mail.” First-world problems, I guess. Now you’ve got me worried, though. A 50 lb. amplifier is supposed to arrive here, mid-continent, Tuesday, but according to FedEx tracking, looks like some guy is hand-carrying it from town to town in California.

User Info Menu

From reading all these horror stories it seems to me that shipping entities are using "dumb AI" to do their routing. As in, knuckle-dragging, drooling, really, really, dumb - stupid, y'might say, AI.

Oh, wait. I thought that "AI" meant "Artificial Intelligence." My mistake. "Abysmally Incompetent" must be it.

User Info Menu

Maybe we're just lucky down here, but most of my deliveries have been on time, maybe a day or two late. The big trend now is to use "shipping partners", which are freight companies who transfer the shipment to the distribution center or post office nearest the destination, then let the post office do the actual delivery. They seem to be in no huge hurry to transfer the packages from the warehouse to the post office. DHL, UPS, and many others offer this service. It's cheaper to the shipper than having the courier do the entire delivery, and the PO gets a very small percentage of the take, but they agree to it, so they're stuck with it. ISTM the PO does the delivery quickly once they get the package, but there is nothing they can do until the "shipping partner" actually delivers the goods, and that seems to be where the delays are. I get a lot of status updates with "departed shipping partner facility, USPS awaits item".

User Info Menu

Well I ordered a Bossa Nova book on Amazon prime and it arrived 3 days early. So there’s that!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Well I ordered a Bossa Nova book on Amazon prime and it arrived 3 days early. So there’s that!
    Isn't Prime normally 2 days to begin with? ICBW.