The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi. My son has an Ibanez PM2 semi hollow (Max Depth:3 5/8? – 92mm excl bridge). We have been looking for a gigbag for that guitar.

He bought a Mono Cases Vertigo Semi Hollow – Thomann Sverige but he is worried that it is to tight for the bridge so it will break (Height: max. 10.2 cm (at the bridge)

Does anybody have any idea or experience about if the dimensions is ok or if there is a risk for that the guitar will break?

Fredrik

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Most of the dimensions are here but don't see an overall length. PM2 | PM | HOLLOW BODIES | PRODUCTS | Ibanez guitars

Overall I think the height on this bag is a too tight for the PM2 and it won't work. An archtop bridge can easily be 2.5cm (1 inch) in height though I don't know about the PM2 specifically. Don't know about overall length.

Most would call the Ibanez PM2 a hollow body because of the depth and not a semi-hollow. Sounds like a nit, but a hollow body is deeper and often won't work with gear designed for semi-hollow body guitars.

User Info Menu

Too deep for a semi-hollow bag.

Mono make other cases that would fit, specifically this one: Vertigo Acoustic Guitar Case, Black
    – MONO

...but personally I prefer and use the "Acoustic Sleeve" model Sleeve Acoustic Guitar Case, Black
    – MONO
    because it's much lighter, slightly smaller in dimensions, and is still extremely protective.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kurre
    Hi. My son has an Ibanez PM2 semi hollow (Max Depth:3 5/8? – 92mm excl bridge). We have been looking for a gigbag for that guitar.

He bought a Mono Cases Vertigo Semi Hollow – Thomann Sverige but he is worried that it is to tight for the bridge so it will break (Height: max. 10.2 cm (at the bridge)

Does anybody have any idea or experience about if the dimensions is ok or if there is a risk for that the guitar will break?

Fredrik
    ok an Ibanez PM2 is a hollow-body not a semi
    I have a hollow body Ibanez AF91 which is about the same size

this gigbag fits it well and is good , strong , well padded , and cheap
    Thomann Acoustic-Steel Gigbag Premium – Thomann UK

recommended

User Info Menu

I emailed Mono when I bought my Comins GCS-1. They were familiar with the guitar and told me which case to buy.