The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 34 of 34

User Info Menu

Wooden on mine. Maybe I should try a TOM. I figured the wooden one it came with would give me a more acoustic-ish response, but if Lawson says there’s not much difference it would be quite nice to be in tune.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Dick I think you may need to change your Dutchbopper nickname to Thunkmaster. Your old handle of Mr.Bebopguitar was very fitting also.
    Carrying the Tal torch forward is a beautiful thing. Tal lives on.

User Info Menu

I put a tuneomatic with nylon saddles on my 330 kit guitar. Best of both worlds: intonation accuracy and wood-like response and tone!
    Last edited by Little Jay; 11-29-2020 at 02:07 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    Wooden on mine. Maybe I should try a TOM. I figured the wooden one it came with would give me a more acoustic-ish response, but if Lawson says there’s not much difference it would be quite nice to be in tune.
    If you do go the TOM route, spring for a set of nylon saddle to retain that bit of mellowness. My ES-345 came with those, and I kept them on for tonal reasons until I finally wore them out with my bending excesses (I was young and strong and mule-headed. I am now neither young, nor strong).

Dutchbopper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Dick I think you may need to change your Dutchbopper nickname to Thunkmaster. Your old handle of Mr.Bebopguitar was very fitting also.
    Carrying the Tal torch forward is a beautiful thing. Tal lives on.
    Thunkmaster ... love it! Good nickname. I could sign of with TM here.

DB

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Nice job indeed !
    In blind mode, could not discriminate the 350 from the Farlow. I never thought they could sound so close!

Dutchbopper Guest
    For those interested, I turned the vid into a Blog entry here.

DB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbopper
    Yeah the amp settings are the same. Same strings and pick too. The 350 is a way more resonant guitar than the Tal. It is of a much lighter build and has a better acoustic sound. I recorded it unamped even and it sounded fine.

I like the vintage vibe of the 350. The Tal is a heavier guitar but still sounds great. Gibson did a very good job as you can hear.

So far I have only used the 350 at home and not in my trio. It is a dream guitar.

DB

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
    Do you think the 350 might feedback more at stage volume?

Dutchbopper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Do you think the 350 might feedback more at stage volume?
    No, I don't think so ... But I must admit I never tried it. It's just that I never had any feedback problems with any archtop in 25 years ...

DB