User Info Menu

I've been getting static lately, which I wasn't getting before.
    Doing an online search, I've discovered that it is fairly common with these amps.

I thought I had a bad cord and switched it out. No static. Problem solved! Until the static started with the other cord too.

The wiring in my condo hasn't changed lately, so I don't know why the static would start up now.

I have a Polytone in storage and will pick that up when I soon fetch the Christmas decorations. We'll see if that amp produces static.

Amp static? (Fender Mustang I v 2 modelling amp)-img_2564-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have the mustang 3 Mark....and its super quiet.....never a issue with this amp.....

User Info Menu

You might better describe what you mean by “static”. Some plastic pickguards can pick up a charge while playing and create static, but I don’t know if that’s the type of sound you’re referring to.

User Info Menu

I made a recording this morning with my phone and it was as Steely Dan's "FM": no static at all!

As for what I mean by static, it's like in old phone lines. It's not constant. It's not a constant hum or buzz. More of a crackling. Not like a short, no loss of the basic sound, just an envelope of static. Which comes and goes....