The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

I've been wanting to move in an acoustic direction for a while. I have a Larrivee SD 50 slope shoulder dread that's a 12 fret and it sounds fantastic but upper fret access isn't so good. I wanted to stay with the 12 fret concept so the Taylor 312CE 12 Fret seemed like a good choice. As an added bonus, it's got a 24.9" scale which is proving fun. It has a nice clear tone which is full for a smaller body acoustic. Next step is to get the action where I like it - it's a bit high at the nut and could be lower at the bridge. Overall, a cool guitar.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Congratulations, I hope it's an inspiration to you.

I think this model is a particularly nice guitar from the folks at Taylor. I had one earlier this year and enjoyed it very much.

Quote Originally Posted by DRS
    I've been wanting to move in an acoustic direction for a while. I have a Larrivee SD 50 slope shoulder dread that's a 12 fret and it sounds fantastic but upper fret access isn't so good. I wanted to stay with the 12 fret concept so the Taylor 312CE 12 Fret seemed like a good choice. As an added bonus, it's got a 24.9" scale which is proving fun. It has a nice clear tone which is full for a smaller body acoustic. Next step is to get the action where I like it - it's a bit high at the nut and could be lower at the bridge. Overall, a cool guitar.

Congrats 12 frets are amazing guitars with a very unique sound. And are great for fingerpicking. And not to mention USA made

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I understand changing the neck angle is trivial for a Taylor tech. Should be able to get the setup exactly how you like it. Congratulations!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TedBPhx
    I understand changing the neck angle is trivial for a Taylor tech.
    Four screws on a Telecaster, only two bolts on a Taylor!

User Info Menu

Beautiful Guitar.
    I had a 614Ce N for a short period of time. I wanted to keep it SOOO badly, but I couldn't because it was damaged in Shipping to me.
    But it was easily the most beautiful Guitar I ever had at the time.
    Taylor makes perfect stuff. Once you get the action sorted out (and you will, Teddy was right - a good tech will make it perfect for you), you are going to have an incredible guitar. Nylon String guitars with good action are a breeze to play. You will not be able to put it down.
    Good Luck and thanks for sharing. Enjoy!
    Joe D

User Info Menu

Looks like a sweet little thing. Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

12 fret fever must be going around, waiting for my second to arrive, first one, OOO Guild Orpheum came in the spring.
    Taylor 312CE 12 Fret-20200329_151933-jpg
    Now, its dreadnaught brother should be here this Saturday.
    Taylor 312CE 12 Fret-dscn1668-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DRS

can we see the larivee, too?

never heard a little 12 fretter. i wonder how they differ in person. i'm all full up with acoustics and not generally a smaller body guy so it's unlikely i'll find out.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feet
    can we see the larivee, too?

never heard a little 12 fretter. i wonder how they differ in person. i'm all full up with acoustics and not generally a smaller body guy so it's unlikely i'll find out.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Neverisky
    Congratulations, I hope it's an inspiration to you.

I think this model is a particularly nice guitar from the folks at Taylor. I had one earlier this year and enjoyed it very much.
    I am really enjoying it. Very compact and comfortable to hold. The shorter scale is also nice as my fingers age.

User Info Menu

Looking forward to a 12th Fret cedar top next summer when I expect a glut of used guitars from all those people who thought they’d learn guitar during shutdown.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TedBPhx
    Looking forward to a 12th Fret cedar top next summer when I expect a glut of used guitars from all those people who thought they’d learn guitar during shutdown.
    Sort of like all those resoluters who stop going to the gym the third week in January.